so it's 2010...i'm kind of sad and happy to leave 2010 behind...sad because for five years, now someone so dear to me is no longer part of my life, and happy because 2010 is going to bring a whole ton of new adventures and opportunities for me.
January of 09 brought a new roomate at University for me. My third roomate went away to Sweden on an exchange, a new one moved in, who had an interesting out look on life, and I definitely took a lot from him.
February brought an amazing vacation with my cousin and aunt and mom in Barbados
February also brought me starting prednisone...and almost a year later I am still on. I was 103lbs last Feb 09, I am now a healthy weight of 115lbs.
February also was the month the doctors told me I should consider going for a transplant assessment since despite rigorous and constant IV's my lung function would just not improve over the last two years...
March brought me closer to finishing my business plan.
I started voriconazole for my apsergillius, this has been a savor drug as well as prednisone, because I have not had a coughing attack/fit where i have thrown up since this...i have not thrown up in 9 months from a coughing fit....amazing, considering before these two drugs I was throwing up every week from the attacks.
April brought me paratitis ...my face blew up to the size of monica geller in a fat suit...no one knew what was wrong with me...i thought i was having an allergic reaction because my face was just sooooo swollen, unrecognizable, so i called the ambulance, it was all very scary, turns out it was just paratitis from having dry mouth (and dealing with diabetes) where bacteria crawled up my salvia glands and then made them stop working...the cure...lemon drops to suck on, to make the glands start working again, and massaging my face....it hurt so much though because my skin was stretched to it's most possible amount
April also diagnosed me with cystic fibrosis related diabetes...April was not a fun month
May brought the CCFF new cast, which inspired me greatly by the talk of the 4 woman post transplant. It also brought me into my tune up of IV antibiotics. May was also the month, I started gutting and cleaning the apartment on my parents house, so I could move in to it, and have some independence.
June was a continuation of May, many doctor appt's, still on IV antibiotics, still tired of weekly dr's appts, still on homecare nursing, still just trying to be a 21 year old girl with a boyfriend, girlfriends, get togethers and a jewellery business to run....all while doing it on IV's. June also was the first time I got a blood gas done in my life (where they stick a big needle in your wrist into your artery, and check your oxygen level) I nearly fainted. It was also the month I realized I needed oxygen for working out.
July was the month I started exercising and made it my goal, my life, my priority. Also was still on IV anitbitoics. This was the month I went for my lung transplant assessment. It was one of the hardest weeks of my life. It was a week where I was tested emotionally, and physically...it was draining, and awful. It was the week I realized how lucky I am to have such a wonderful support system for the day when I do go through a lung transplant and am on the list waiting.
August I was able to stop IV antibiotics after 12 weeks. phew that was a long time...
I went on a wonderful Vacation up North to visit my brother where he was working, with my aunt, grandma and mom.
September brought the decision not to return to school. I wanted to travel while I still could, focus on exercising and my business...there was just no time for school....ha
October brought Halloween. I went to a Halloween wedding, dressed from the 1940's, which was the greatest time ever.
November brought a trip to New York City. November also after seven months, I was able to get my picc line pulled. Freedom.
November also brought me a broken heart... I Never want to return to that again...so I left for Barbados and came back in December.
December brought me new girlfriends who I cherish and have been having a blast with. December brought my 22nd birthday, Christmas and new goals that I'm working towards.
Good bye 2009...hello 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment