Wednesday, December 30, 2009

think big...dream bigger.

so....I'm coming to the realization that I'm still bitten by the travelling bug. I thought that I would not want to go to New Zealand since I've had such bitter resentments towards there for the last month and bit....but funnily enough... I still really want to go. It had been a goal of mine, and I still kind of want to see it through. I started working out 6 months ago, faithfully, 3-4 times a week, every week, not only for the benefit of my lungs and to stay off of the transplant list, but also so I would be able to visit my former boyfriend in NZ while he went over there for teachers college. Every day when I got on the treadmill it spurned me on, drove me. It was a good goal to have...and I still want that goal. I still want to go to that side of the world and see it. I want to go to Australia and NZ. One of my dearest friends is out in Australia for teachers college. She is home this Christmas break and it is so good to see her again after almost a year! We've been best buds since we were 5 years old. Another good gf is in Australia working, and my cousin is starting teachers college in feb. in Australia, plus one of my favourite resident doctors moved back to NZ, and I would love to go see her. With all these people over there, I still really want to go. It sounds like a pipe dream doesn't it? But it's a dream, and a goal and I want to achieve it.

Here I was thinking I would get away with not spending all that money to go half way across the world since the reason I was going , he's no longer part of my life...but now I realize...I just want to go anyways for me. SO here is my dream for 2010...how I'm going to make it a reality...
keep working out...my oxygen was really good yesterday while working out, and in two days, I am going to increase my running program up to 2 minutes times 4 with fast hiking inbetween. I have not been able to increase my running as quickly as Ronnie from RSR blog, but I've managed to get up to 2 minutes of running, which for someone sittin' at 23% lung function, and could not run for 10 seconds when I first started, I am not doin' to shabby at almost 2 minutes of running, hah, . exciting, but scary.
I am going to really start dreaming and doing big with my business, so I can make enough money to finance my trip to the other side of the world comfortably....
Maybe tomorrow I will feel differently, but today and this week...my dream and goal is to make it to the other side of the world before these ol' lungs go caput!
For 2010...I'm going to think big...and dream bigger.
One of the best advice one of my nurses ever gave me was...CF is just one little part of Hattie...all of this is who Hattie is...yes sometimes CF can seem like it is the only thing in our lives but really, it is just one little part of us, we're so much more, so lets dream like we are....

No comments: