Saturday, December 5, 2009

great vacation!

Well I'd like the title of this blog to be home sweet home...but definitely that is not fitting, since it is not sweet, not sweet at all to be home from Barbados and the sun and the sea!
There are a ton of memories here. He is everywhere, yuck. It is hard to forget someone, when stuff reminds you of them, and is always in your face.

My dear friend K left a "Hattitude" dollie print thing on my desk! so cute when I got home!
Man best vacation ever though. I don't know, there is just something about Barbados that is just...great. 12 days is not long enough...it never is down there though eh? Already planning next trip back...that always seems to be the case. Once you get home, your always scheming on how to get back. Have a little more cash flow now that no trip to New Zealand is needed! Always trying to find a positive out of the negative, or I would go crazy. You should see the list I have compiled of positive things so far...some of them are teeny tiny, but hey anything helps right? Also planning my trip to Washington for January with my cousin to visit my other cousin...cannot find any cheap flights though! erg!

While I was away my cat totally had abandoned me and taken up residence with my younger brother. She was lonely. This is not any old cat...more like a dog. She follows me around, and knows her name, comes when she is called. Always has to be where I am....so she definitely was hurting while I was away...or so I would imagine...but alas when I got home last night, she totally snubbed me for the first hour, and continued to sit on my brothers lap. Thankfully today she has forgiven me, and is back to sitting on my arms as I type, purring her motor boat.

I'm terrified to get back on the treadmill today, as I have not "worked out" in 12 days! We are always walking in bdos though, so hopefully I will surprise myself and not be totally out of shape! One great thing about Barbados is that I don't constantly see people's backs. Usually when your lung function gets so low with CF a lot of us find we are always staring at people's backs. When I go out with a group, I can probably tell you which friend has the best butt, the nicest back, and roundest shoulders...etc since I am so slow at walking I tend to see this view the most ha, but down in Barbados...I don't see their backs...they see mine! Sometimes I would be walking faster then my mom, who hikes a pretty mean walk! I even carried the groceries on my backpack one day...Normally I find it difficult to carry anything, let alone walk a couple blocks with groceries on my back. Hopefully with keeping up with this running/walking program on the treadmill, I'll continue to increase my lung function and maybe back here in Canada when we go for walks people will start to get a nice view of my butt instead of the other way around! haha

I got another awesome horoscope today!

"With mind planet Mercury moving into your sign today you will find it easier to make sense of some of the things that have happened in recent weeks. As for the things that still confuse you are they really worth worrying about?"
Sometimes you just have to read it to reinforce it...is it really worth worrying about?? bigger fish to fry... like maybe some flying fish? (barbados specialty fish haha)

Tomorrow board games and wine night with some girlfriends. So looking forward to it. If you didn't know I'm a board games fanatic. Favourite past time. I have three shelves filled with just board games.
Christmas is coming. Feels weird when I was just wearing my summer dress and drinking a rum punch from a fancy glass yesterday afternoon? Although I did buy one Christmas present while I was down there. Still on the hunt for a baby Christmas tree for my apartment!
Also for the last seven months, I had a picc line...and for the past two weeks I have been picc line free! Feels great! FREEDOM

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Coming home from vacations suck, but as I realized we can't run away forever unfortunately. Ah well..enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy and you will get through each and every day :)

Lindsay Bishop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Bishop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Bishop said...

Let's try this again...

I didn't know you share my love for board games! Now I really wish you could come to my birthday. We are having a big night of board games!

HArmstrong said...

oh man! fun! sigh...some day after both our lung transplants (many many many...MANY years down the road heres hoping!) we will have a board games night! haha