alright...it's time for me to go back to barbados....today my oxygen levels at rest are bouncing around between 87-92...what the heck! I don't even get it.
I took respiractin (this natural anti inflammation stuff I've been trying, and after I took it, my oxygen went up to 93 and stayed there resting) but now it is back to being wonky...I think I am obessing over my oximeter wayy to much. Plus I'm exhausted, maybe that has to do with the oxygen levels? I was out with a friend till 1 last night and up at 8 today...me and these late nights...I am going to have to curb it in! haha
Last night though while reading before bed, I was 94 resting oxygen with a heart rate in the 80's woo. normally in the 100's from all the ventolin and puffers, so to be in the 80's means no infection, normally my heart rate is racing...and not just around jake gyllenhal who is tres hot, and was in the movie we saw last night, if you have not seen brothers, definitely take a gander at it. it's a really good movie. I was surprised. The movie selection has been quite disappointing lately though at the theatres. Although I will admit I do want to see the new princess movie out haha. I'll wait till next Cheap Tuesday night though. I'm a sucker for Disney, what can I say.
I've been able to keep up my running program 1 minute 45 seconds times 4 with walking at 3.4mph for three minutes in between each run. My oxygen when running has improved as well. I'm so proud of myself that I have been able to start running..even if it is with oxygen and for only 1 minute 45 seconds...believe me this is a HUGE deal with someone who has these poop lungs in them!...in the new year I'm going to increase it up to 2 minutes...wow so scary. I never even was able to do that when my lung function was up in the 50's! power to working out! what a difference.
I am so busy this weekend as well. It's a good thing I'm taking vitamin C every day, twice a day, like its candy so that so far I have been fortunate enough not to get sick with a cold! Thanks to everyone for staying away from me when you have the sniffles!
Counting down the days till I'm in bdo's again.....49 days. yay! Please hold on lungs, 49 more days and then you can crash and burn....not literally I just mean, then we can go in for a tune up, if we need to. It's almost that time where I need a tune up on IV's. Even though I just got my picc line out, it's been since July since I had any IV's. I just hope these little girls can last 49 days till I'm in that salty air and heat again!
So far this week I've worked out every day since Monday. I was talking to a fellow who had 16% lung function two years ago and had a pager and was on the transplant list for new lungs, today he has 40%. He wanted to spend his life with his wife...he wanted to be around for her. So he got motivated and started working out, and low and behold, he got off the transplant list, and now works out 2-3 hours every day. The power of Love eh? Inspiration for the CF community, yes. EXERCISE like your life depends on it...cause quite frankly... your life does.
My goal this week. Work out Monday-Friday. Friday night I'm going out dancing, so perhaps that will count as a double work out day? Saturday night there also might be dancing involved...so I'd like to put that down as a work out as well! haha anyways I have to get going for some dinner...or ice cream...whichever one is more readily available ha!
2 comments:
Ok, what happened to tying the oximetre to your treadmill and just using it there, eh?
I hate having mine around here, as you noticed I now know when I'm dipping low (which happens for a bunch of reasons anyway) and I think it is really bad for us mentally.
You are doing sooo awesome on the treadmill and in some ways are stronger than ever. This may sound weird but I've felt better at 28% lung function than 50% in a lot of ways... on IVs less, less coughing spasms. Numbers do not rule the day.
So go out and dance and BURY your oximetre!
I will be home soon to nag some more. lol. :)
Seriously, GREAT job on the running!!! It doesn't matter if it's only for 2 seconds, it's better than nothing! Keep it up cyster!!! I'm cheering for you like crazy!!
Ronnie
Post a Comment