Sunday, January 3, 2010

snowed in...6 month anniversary

I have been snowed in all day. It has been a blizzard outside. I caught up on Eva's blog. She lives in BC and is waiting for her second lung transplant. She's only 25 years old. There was a documentary filmed about her process going through the first transplant. It is an amazing documentary and can be seen online at http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Passionate_Eye/ID=1333883430.

Here is another story written about her as she waits for her second lung transplant.
http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html?releasePID=aa_ZcOk03m9ZIKWCT0Tla3Wt7bkQ1tP2

She doesn't sugar coat it...which I like...sometimes people ask me, well should you be telling people that...? but I think I'm not going to sugar coat it for other people either...I'm the one going through it...not them.

Today was my 6 month anniversary of working out. 6 months wow. I cannot imagine not getting on the treadmill now. It has become part of me. I don't think I have ever stuck with exercising for as long as this before. I'm really quite proud of myself. I just feel so much better, stronger, healthier. Maybe my lung function has not improved in numbers, but I know other things have improved. I feel stronger, I have more energy, I'm less short of breath, and walking is not a problem. My legs used to get sore before everyone else, now since I walk/run 2 km's every other day I am the last person to complain about my legs hurting on outings! Nothing like going for a lung transplant assessment to scare ya into exercising eh! ha

1 comment: