so today was clinic today, my white blood cell count was up to 19, from last week 16...i am still so short of breath. I didn't get to do a lung function test because the machine would not fit in to the room that I was given...but we did not need it anyways, we figure it would be the same, or worse. My doctor walked in and said...okay I think we need to bite the bullet and go on IV's....double rats and double stinks.
I managed to have one last ray of hope in my back pocket that I had researched. It's moxifloxacin. A drug that some people use in the states to combat pseudamonus, when cipro does not work for them, which cipro has never worked for me. SOO i managed to convince her if I could try this drug for a week, in hopes that by some miracle it works, and I am still able to get on my trip to barbados. I've had the january blahs for the last two weeks or so, and some sunshine would really do nicely to chase those away. But hey, we got trip insurance so it can be rebooked.
So I start this new drug today. My doctor said she can't see me getting horribly more sick by next tuesday, so she is comfertable waiting till then to start IV antibiotics, and giving this oral a chance. She is a little skeptical, because really this is not a common oral drug of choice. I'm a little more optimistic, because my lungs have always been weird and craved un ordinary drugs. Like levoquin never really works for other CF'ers but it seems to most times work for me, as well as cipro seems to do wonders for other CF'ers but it does nothing for me...my lungs have always craved the un ordinary, and are unique, so here's hoping that this oral will be unique enough to help me get on my trip! Alright...taking the first pill now...here goes some major positive thoughts, good vibes, maybe a bubble bath? and definitely some ice cream maple syrup and chocolate chips!
No comments:
Post a Comment