what a horrible day at clinic.
bad news after bad news after bad news....yet we still get this from the doctor "you two [my mom and me] looked so relaxed and enjoying yourselves...left over from vacation?"
I guess we just look nice with our tans still..and maybe it has come to the point where nothing phases us?
We've taken so many beatings over the years...one more thing added to the list...it's okay I guess.
I got a bone density scan done today. Osteoporosis is a secondary disease to CF, just like diabetes is....as if CF isn't bad enough, all these secondary diseases come in to play...anyways turns out my bones suck compared to the last test a year and a half ago..I can contribute a lot of it I think to prednisone. This steroid seems to bring on osteoporosis and diabetes a lot quicker in the CF population then if you weren't on it. Lucky me...I got both of them. Diabetes last april, and on the cusp of having osteoporosis this january. I start a new pill for it. Luckily, it's only once a week. I am also going to add weights to myself while I walk on the treadmill's backwards (for my thigh muscles), the only way to prevent/stave off osteoporosis is diet and exercise with weight baring things. Since I'm so tiny, running/walking on the treadmill is not enough, so i'll have to add in some weights. I think I have it in my spine...maybe it's just my imagination but my lower spine has been killing all day today after I got that news ha
Another bad news bears....my lung function is down to 0,74 litres. major bummer! I cannot even believe it. Last time it was 0.78, and the time before that, it 0.83. I have not been 0.83 since the cold weather came it seems. I am starting septra and levo, two oral antibiotics and hoping that it will clear me up. It seems I have an infection, since my white blood cell count was 17.2 (normal is under 11) as well I coughed up blood two days ago...meaning bacteria is growing and festering and disturbing and irritating my precious lungs.
22 days till barbados....please let these orals work. Please let my lung function go back up...I was going soo good there. I even was able to increase my running program, I am now up to 2 minutes of running with fast walking inbetween x 4...total bogus that my lung function is down. It's so frustrating. I wanted to be 0.90 liters by Christmas...ah. well I go back in two weeks, and maybe the two oral antibiotics combined, with the continued working out (I don't believe that it has done nothing for me, I do feel so much better since starting, despite the numbers...although it would have been SOO nice to see the numbers increase)...also it would have been nice to not have my bones go wishy washy on me...well i guess you could say it would have been nice for a lot of things to not happen....
Also they are concerned about my blood pressure, it was 130 over 100 the last two times in clinic...wuh wuh. what's that about?? I'm usually rock solid at 120 over 80....
shoot this is not a good start to 2010...okay well enough complaining...tomorrow is another day. exercising, hair cut, starting antibiotics. It will get better. Also I guess here is some good news...I DON'T have osteoporosis yet...just border line...so there is something positive I guess...right? I mean I could be totally over the line and full on osteoporisis, but i'm not, so thats something to look good at, and I'm not feeling that sick, that I feel like I need IV antibiotics, despite how low my lung function has dropped, so theres another positive...so hopefully these orals will work....just 22 more days and then I'm back to where CF is not even an issue...Barbados baby. Anyways time for dinner...and movie...tomorrow will be better.
1 comment:
Apparently infection makes us loose bone density quicker too. I developed osteoporosis after my long bout last year. So maybe since you had a rough year last year, the same happened to you? The GOOD news is that Actonel is shown to work. I've been assured. hurrah!
Post a Comment