Saturday, October 3, 2009

Three month anniversary

Today is the big day! I've now officially been working out 3-4 times a week for three months. Improvements I've noticed: stomach is nicer, legs are more trim, feel better, require less oxygen when working out, less congested on days that I work out, was able to kick an infection with oral antibiotics for the first time in YEARS. all in all exercising has probably saved my life...literally.

Today though was really hard. It was the fourth work out of the week, and boy am I feeling the effects of half a measly mg of prednisone. At one point i had to stop as i worked out becuase i thought i was going to throw up from breathing so hard, and I was just doing my regular routine on the treadmill, that i excelled at only two days ago! prednisone is a tricky tricky drug. I also had to increase my oxygen SOO much today because of the decrease in prednisone. I think it will take about a week for my body to get used to it, and then i'll be able to work out normally again. But hey at least i got on the treadmill, even if it was only for 30 minutes instead of my normal 40.
Tomorrow I go look at elipitcal trainers. They're on sale for half price at canadian tire. Tonight I'm going over to a good friends house from university. I have not seen her in forever, so it will be really nice. She also has been on prednisone (for other health reasons, my roomate went on prednisone this summer for an allergic reaction as well, you think the medical world would be able to come up with another steroid other then prednisone, yet it seems to be the universal drug) anyways so she will be able to feel my pain about the prednisone issues!

No comments: