Friday, October 2, 2009

Breathing Easy

So I dropped from 12 mg of prednisone to 11.5 mg of prednisone, which the doctors have told me is childs play and I shouldn't feel any effects...WRONG. I am more short of breath (three days after dropping the med, the usual amount of time it takes to feel the effects) and I am coughing and a bit more conjested. It is amazing how much my body is addicted to this steriod. I know it's vain but I totally just want my chipmunk puffy face to go down! haha the steroid makes it all puffed up. I mean I've got graduation photos on the 26th that I have to look good for! haha

It usually takes about a week for me to start feeling better after I drop some mg's of prednisone. So I think by Wednesday I should be good again. I still can't believe my body noticed 0.5mg drop. gesh. This drug is heavy duty.

I didn't get on the treadmill today...I know I know. But my feet hurt so tomorrow will be my fourth time this week. And tomorrow for sure I am getting on that treadmill.

I was reading about a young man who passed away from a lung transplant today...very sad. It sucks actually. If you go through the energy, time and years of waiting for some new lungs, and you are blessed and lucky enough to recieve those new lungs, you shouldn't die afterwards. I can see why some people do not want to go through transplant. This young man had to move away from his home to the nearest transplant facility and he waited on the list for two years, away from friends and family and being sick in and out of hospital. He then recieves these glorious new lungs...and then he was taken away. It's not fair. He should not have died.... I mean come on, he did all the hard work...someone should have given him a break...sigh, it's just not fair. Sending out thoughts to his friends and family....breathe easy now.

It just motivated me even more to get back on the treadmill tomorrow. Also tomorrow will be my three month anniversary of working out, so obviously I must work out on that day!

1 comment:

Lindsay Bishop said...

"Child's play" they used that one on me too... lies!!