I want to send out all the positive thoughts and vibes I can muster up to Natalia. She is a fellow CF'er check out her blog by clicking here. She has a few month old baby daughter, a wonderful husband, and she is waiting for a double lung transplant at Toronto General Hospital. Last week she found out she was retaining CO2...which means, when your retaining Carbon Dioxide, it is the hallmark of type II or final respiratory failure...please think of her and send out vibes that she gets her lungs soon. very very very soon.
Sometimes life isn't fair on what it throws at us...someone a few months ago said to me that it was not fair that all the good people seem to have all the bad things happen to them (meaning me having cystic fibrosis)...maybe it's because all the good people are the only ones that can handle the bad things...
If someone who was already rotten were to be handed a chronic illness or progressive terminal disease, I don't think they would fare too well. It takes a strong mind and stronger attitude to get through the cards we have been dealt.
I think perhaps bad things happen to good people because it's meant to teach others something...one of my closest friends passed away when I was 19 from cancer. I think her having cancer was meant to teach everyone around her something...I think me having cystic fibrosis is meant to teach the people I know something...maybe it's just a simple thing, like maybe a boy I once knew in high school now has signed his organ donor card because he knew me, or maybe it's a girlfriend I met in university and maybe she saw how I struggled with the little things in life, like climbing a flight of stairs to my apartment and maybe now she no longer takes for granted that she didn't get an A+ on her paper because she knows now that she CAN climb a flight of stairs and go dancing...maybe it taught someone else that I have encountered not to sweat the small stuff...that life is a gift and it shouldn't be wasted. I like to think that me having this disease has a purpose you know? Like it's meant to teach others, and even myself that Life is too short. So enjoy the things you love, spend it with the people you love, laugh often and live. Don't worry about the future...it'll come, whether you sit and chew your nails about it, or not. Who knows what comes after this life....if this is the only one we got, make the most of it. Live, take a deep breath each morning and be thankful that you can take that breath....after all if life gives you lemons...you just have to make some wildjumbleberry juice.
1 comment:
sending you love!! thank you.
Post a Comment