I had clinic on Tuesday and I am completely stable. My numbers are still at 0.81 liters. I was able to stop the oral antibiotics. My weight is at 118, the perfect weight I think for a CF'er at just 5'4 feet tall.
They kept my picc line in, but it's just a safety measure, they are going to wait to pull it right before Barbados. That will be a good week, picc line out, sun, sand and surf. I cannot wait.
Also I have decided I'm getting the H1N1 vaccine. My doctor explained it to me...and now I am on board. I think the risks of not getting it, out weight the risks of getting it. It was made just like the normal flu vaccine, and it seems just the media hyping it up. I don't think it will be available to take though till the end of November, So i will have to wait until I get back from Barbados in December to get it. I'm sticking with my exercise routine. It feels wonderful. I really think that is what has helped me these past few months stay so stable week after week. Also I started symbicourt to help combat the asthma. Hopefully that will help with the short of breath, and the asthma morning coughing fits, and the whistling cough!
How much do we really know about our food?
I also saw Food INC last night. Definitly a must see. I am changing my eating habits pronto. I have already found though since I've been working out these past few months, my body has kind of been telling me, don't eat that processed salami or sausages, or fast food. My body seems to only be craving good food, which is fine by me!
Food INC was really good though, all about the food we're eating and how consumers are totally left in the dark. It wasn't gory or anything, like some of the documentry out there. I went away not wanting to become a vegan or anything, but wanting to eat free range and non antibitoic meat. There was one farmer who factory farmed chickens in the documentry and who is now allergic to all antibitoics. ummm no thanks, definitly don't need that. So we're goign to start buying free range meat with as minimal anitbiotic useage as possible.
check out the trailer!
1 comment:
I've wanted to see this doc. forever! I have always been so against processed foods. And though it can be a nice treat, I don't really like eating out too much--even buying a sandwich--I prefer to know (almost) exactly what is in it thank-you!
Post a Comment