helloooo,
so monday clinic went really good.
they said my xray was even better then when I left hospital. My bronch came back growing nothing...thats right, i am growing NOTHING in my lungs...for right now, nata thing. Its been 22 years not growing bacteria. hello world, its nice to not be growing anything. the only thing was my kidneys are not functioning correctly so on this monday we will see if those levels have come back down...they think its from the tac levels, an anti rejection drug.
I started exercise this week. it is sooo hard with my weak thigh muscles, I already fell in the room once this week, and my cousin had to lift me off the floor haha....hoy boy.
but ive had some real good mile stones this week....i showered, went on my side,(so far ive only been able to lay on my back, i still lay on my side, saying ouch ouch ouch ouch the whole time, but i bet its good to practise...) and went on the treadmill....AND got up from the edge of the couch without the assistance of my arms. I also went down to the courtyard. Makin improvements....just have to keep pushing, mind over matter. walk walk walk walk all the time so I can start walking normally...haha
I think my brain is starting to feel less alien too (although it is still soo weird feeling) ...since i even thought about going back home home home this weekend. i saw a photo of my cat and got incredibly homesick.
the fashion show is less then two weeks away! i cant wait to see it all go down. (theyre doing a live feed, so if you cant make the actual event, you can see it online!) you girls are doing an awesome job! wish i could be there live...but 300 people...im not suppose to be out in public places where i dont know the cold or germ situation....next year next year
its funny i started a journal each day so i could write down exactly what i did, to know the improvements snice its so hard for me to tell, and write down my moods, and yesterday was such a bad day...today is way different. ups and downs. i hope soon i willl start reading books again. i think i will, cause ive been thinking about it a lot...i have found that when i start thinking about things a week or two later i start to do them....if that makes sense...like i remember in the ICU i did not want my blackberry very often...the drugs messed me up and i just had no desire, but know it goes with me everywhere, and is back to normal, i also used to not want to talk on the phone, and now i am slowly anwsering and talking more on my phone....sooo everything will come in time...6 weeks on monday. Just have to pass the time for the next little while. but i think taking it one day at a time filled with visitors, so i dont get bored or depressed is key...followed by forcing myself to do all the hard stuff, like no matter how much i dont want to go for that walk...get up get up and just do it............
wow biggest rant ever ahahah...sooon ill be me again, i just have to patient.
ps did i mention i am going to have THE best 23rd birthday EVER....its in december....AND ill have new lungs (and hopefully no more alien feeling and able to walk normally? hah) and be all fixed up by then....chya...cant wait!
9 comments:
Hey Hattie
You sound so good -- improving every day! Sending positive thoughts and germ free hugs. I would be happy to recommend some terrific books if you ever want suggestions; it's kind of my thing!
Cheers
Laurie Laughlin-Hillier
(Mrs L-H)
Hi Hattie - Thinking about you and your family. The kids have been praying for you every night, and are so interested in hearing about your journey. I think it's so cool, brave and generous that you write this blog; you must be inspiring so many people. Us fur shore...
I always start out the school year by teaching about the universal concept of the Heroic Journey, and this year, you'll be giving it a whole new meaning for me - you're livin it, girl! I wish I could send your parents to a spa and send you some seriously stylin sugar cakes on vintage trays of hopestuff...
Certainly for that best birthday ever, some Anderson-Mckie hello dollies or all-butter- gingerbread will be sent your way. ur amazin.xoxo
love from, Estelle Anderson et al.
Umm for your birthday you NEED a huge cake or at least some super-cute cupcakes! And a limo. I'll try and to win you one at the silent auction lol. You can take it to a spa, then go to tea with big hats and eat fancy cupcakes. Deal?
Your TX cocktail hangover will wear off soon enough, H! Keep up the good work (even when you don't think it's good enough!) And keep up the progress journal. I'm sure the little reminders help.
Love ya!
- L
Hi Hattie,
Glad you are getting better every day, I am sure you will have good and bad days, but soon they will turn into all good days :-) I have been thinking about you and sending positive vibes :-)....good that you are keeping a journal, so you can look back on your incredible journey back to health....
You are such an inspiration to everyone....your 23rd birthday will be awesome fer sher....
Take care of yourself.
Give my love to your mum and dad
Joan xxxxx
Three weeks to the wedding of the year :-)
Wow things sound great. We are so happy to hear you are feeling better all the time. Sounds like your days are full. Lots of love Patty
ps say hi to your mom,dad and brothers for us. xx
Way to go kiddo!! Things are getting better and better....soon the good days will out number the bad, and one day you will have a week or two without a bad thought. All you need is time. Oh and your 23rd bday will be AMAZING!! Mine was exactly 7 months after my tx and it was better than any past one I remember. Can't wait to hear all about yours.
I'm so happy to see things are getting better. It must have been nice to shower! I think the most amazing accomplishment is the NO BACTERIA! Jealous much! You go girl! Keep up the progress. ♥
Hattie, I received a call last night from Sydney, Australia, wanting your email to send to Moscow! It's true... the whole world is cheering you on!!!
I'm getting good vibes from this post!
I was nominated for a blog award and I get to pass it on to 10 blogs that I love. You are one of them, of course. Visit my post to grab you award!
www.seeingsnowflakes.blogspot.com
Colleen
Post a Comment