Sunday, August 8, 2010

cutting myself some slack

i am feeling a bit better today. i know that this will all take time. i just have to keep getting over these hurdles. thank you to everyone for reminding me!
it is just going to take a long time, but IT WILL GET EASIER...heck ive only been out of hospital four days...i cant except anything less then what i have accomplished. just one day at a time...baby baby steps.
tomorrow is my first clinic appointment. i am nervous. i blow my first lung function test, which will probably be pretty low, but not as low as before transplant! it will take a few months even a year i think to inflate these puppies....but ill get there!
i am watching a lot of tv....and we washed my hair in the sink today...could not do that last week! haha so theres an improvement!
my mom and dad are also on operation gain weight, so ive got boost, every sort of thing you can imagine to eat to try to get soem strength back so i can start feeling better. I seriously have THE best parents in the world. they are just doing sooo much.
FInally today my blood sugars are under control so i will start gaining nutrients from that too! soo...i just have to cut myself some slack....im usually such a mover and a shaker, but this time i just have to relax and let things take their course...it will get better!

9 comments:

Aspiemom said...

I bet it felt wonderful to get your hair washed in the sink today!

Glad you're going to try to be patient with yourself and not expect too much. You'll probably hit an elevator really suddenly and surge upward in how you're feeling. Of course, I never had a tx so I'm just guessing!

Unknown said...

You are doing a wonderful job. One day at a time is right. Dont rush yourself. These days will be behind you before you know it. Say hi to your mom and dad for me and I hope they brought you plenty of Maple Syrup.

Marion Carcone said...

Hello there again Hattie!

Just so you know that we're watching your site each and everyday, Fred and I send our love and lots of pink light to get better by.

Your uplifted spirit will bring you to where you want to go much quicker.

God Bless and love to Mom and Dad for us....your correct, they are the best parents in the world.

Marion and Fred xo

Norma Thompson said...

Think of it this way, all started with the Queen's Plate and boy! were you every a winner this year! Next year at the Queen's plate the true Queen will arrive,"Hattie Queen, the Breathing machine!" I have your hat already for you to celebrate your lungaversary! I'll race you up the stairs!

Unknown said...

Hattie you have had so many dreams of what it will be like when you got your new lungs and what you will be able to do... but it all takes time. You still need to heal. Little steps will still get you there. Lots of love always Patty xx
ps your parents are pretty great, I do agree.

Jan Boss said...

Hattie, I totally get your frustration....you have a life to live and you want to get on with it!
Remember slow and steady wins the race, and you are a winner!
Hugs to your skinny Mom and Dad.
Love Jan

Unknown said...

Hi Hattie, I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you every day and checking in here.... you are such an inspiration to everyone around you. Your body needs to heal so you have to try and be patient, I am sure that is hard for you :-) With all the positive vibes from all your friends here in cyber space, you have absolutely nothing to worry about :-)

One day at a time ... take care

Joan Parsons xxxxx

karenm said...

Hattie, your positive and realistic attitude will take you far. It must be difficult to walk when you want to run but you are wise to relax and let things unfold as they should.

Big hugs to you, your Mom & Dad.
xxoo

Alyssa said...

It's so great that you're home!

I haven't had a transplant but do know from others nothing will happen over night and it's all about rest and taking it easy. Things will progress slowly but you'll get there girl!

Good luck on the PFT's!