well so many things have happened since I last posted...
Im out of the hospital. Last night for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks I slept outside of a hospital bed. It was wonderful...although I did miss my roomate Loretta. She is the funniest little duck. This sweet old lady, yet does she have a mouth and a wit on her when the nurses are not looking. She was hillarious. She had a double lung transplant ten years ago and is now 75 years old. She was calling to hook up her phone and she was getting so frustrated with them, and said no i dont want to talk to your wife...i want to talk to the fat woman who works there...the things she quips off...maybe you had to be there...haha she must be 3 feet and 80 pounds, and just hillarious.
Yesterday was also the first time in 6 months that I am tube free.....they pulled my last hand IV....I have not had a picc line, oxygen, any sort of tubing hooked up to me for the last 6 months...i always had something in me...and today...nothing. Its very surreal and ghost like. I sat out on the patio today and took off my sweater but only took off one arm, since I am so used to covering up my picc line with the other sleve and realized...um no I no longer have anything in me, take it allllll off! it will be weird going shopping and not looking for sweaters or things to cover up a picc.
They are still adjusting my tacc levels, anti rejection meds, and my levels were through the roof, so it makes my brain a bit fuzzy, hard to concentrate on things, and general not feeling myself...so please bare with me as they straighten out my drugs, if I seem a bit out of it and not myself. I;m susper weak still, but that will come...i;ve also lost 13 pounds gah! mission gain a lot of weight starts yesterday.
Its surreal lying in bed though and breathing...you lucky dogs doing it all your life! haha
not to wake up in the morning with gobs of mucus, not to hear crackles as you go to sleep...just to lay there and breathe through your nose as if its the most natural thing in the world...which it should be....but it just boggles my mind...like i still am so humbled maybe thats not the right word...in awe...that this is what to breathe normal is like. Sometimes I wake up and I am like am i still breathing...because its just no effort...before it was such an effort, I have to check sometimes, because its too good to be true?
The chest incision still makes it totally hard to breath full same with where they pulled the chest tubes, so I am also on a lot of pain killers...my eyes are also still blurry but i hope that will go away once they figure out the drug levels and such.

Im out of the hospital. Last night for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks I slept outside of a hospital bed. It was wonderful...although I did miss my roomate Loretta. She is the funniest little duck. This sweet old lady, yet does she have a mouth and a wit on her when the nurses are not looking. She was hillarious. She had a double lung transplant ten years ago and is now 75 years old. She was calling to hook up her phone and she was getting so frustrated with them, and said no i dont want to talk to your wife...i want to talk to the fat woman who works there...the things she quips off...maybe you had to be there...haha she must be 3 feet and 80 pounds, and just hillarious.
Yesterday was also the first time in 6 months that I am tube free.....they pulled my last hand IV....I have not had a picc line, oxygen, any sort of tubing hooked up to me for the last 6 months...i always had something in me...and today...nothing. Its very surreal and ghost like. I sat out on the patio today and took off my sweater but only took off one arm, since I am so used to covering up my picc line with the other sleve and realized...um no I no longer have anything in me, take it allllll off! it will be weird going shopping and not looking for sweaters or things to cover up a picc.
They are still adjusting my tacc levels, anti rejection meds, and my levels were through the roof, so it makes my brain a bit fuzzy, hard to concentrate on things, and general not feeling myself...so please bare with me as they straighten out my drugs, if I seem a bit out of it and not myself. I;m susper weak still, but that will come...i;ve also lost 13 pounds gah! mission gain a lot of weight starts yesterday.
Its surreal lying in bed though and breathing...you lucky dogs doing it all your life! haha
not to wake up in the morning with gobs of mucus, not to hear crackles as you go to sleep...just to lay there and breathe through your nose as if its the most natural thing in the world...which it should be....but it just boggles my mind...like i still am so humbled maybe thats not the right word...in awe...that this is what to breathe normal is like. Sometimes I wake up and I am like am i still breathing...because its just no effort...before it was such an effort, I have to check sometimes, because its too good to be true?
The chest incision still makes it totally hard to breath full same with where they pulled the chest tubes, so I am also on a lot of pain killers...my eyes are also still blurry but i hope that will go away once they figure out the drug levels and such.
So we did it...we made it! Monday is clinic, next week is back to the physio room for three months to build up strength...and yesterday is the beginning of my new life.

heres me a few days ago, while visiting the condo on my day pass!
6 comments:
Congratulations you tube-free darling! Fat thoughts headed your way...
This is amazing! I'm so happy Hattie. Let me know if you need any help from Pia's Bakery to fatten you up....I can easily pick something up and bring it downtown... :)
You are a hero!!!!
Hey there this just made my day reading this :) Im so glad to hear it. Its funny how the little things like breathing non cfers take it for granted hehehe. And just think now you dont have to spend hours doing meds and chest physio!
So proud of you!
Hattie you amaze everyone. You have come so so far in only a month. Your Mom and Dad must be thrilled. Last night must have been so wonderful. Enjoy your time in Toronto as before you know it, you will be back to Caledon East planning your trip to the beach with your family. WAY TO GO GIRL. You are incredible.
Oh Hattie,
What great news! Before you know it, you'll be running along the beach in the sunshine! Keep up the hard work at physio! It's like training for a marathon! Say hi to your family for me. I'll come see you once you're back home and working on jewels again.
We love you, Hattie Dunstan!!!!
Ross McKie
Estelle Anderson
Emma, Declan and Ben
Now you have to learn "crackle free" breathing meditation. Ha! Peace
Post a Comment