Friday, August 20, 2010

two and a half weeks!

to paint ones toes nails while on post transplant meds seems a near daunting task....(due to the sometimes incessant shakes of the hands) but alas at least I CAN paint these toe nails of mine.
I can know while sitting put on my own shoes, and tie them up, paint my toes, do all the other stuff that is required of feet care etc.
I am now beginning to see the improvements myself! which must mean i am getting better quite quickly. a man came up to me in physio this morning (after i did 30 minutes on the bike, thank you very much at an increased tension! woo) and asked me when i had my transplant, his daughter had hers june 20th...she is still on oxygen, and looks in quite a lot of distress, gasping for air, etc. she was 6 weeks in ICU, and he says to me "oh wow july 5th, you are recovering quickly"
I seem to be doing really really good. This girl didn't seem to have the best attitude...sooo i can only attribute a lot of me recovering so well to (well of course that i got the mosst perfect lungs haha and had the most perfect surgeons!) but also to working my butt off....and now it is paying off. I am seeing the difference. I am at home again this weekend, and the things that I can do around the house this weekend compared to last weekend are really encouraging the difference!
Last monday at clinic,, they said my x ray looks good again, my lung function is up to 40%...yessss 40% wooo hooo! have not been that since first year university...inner tube waterpolo shall I make a come back on the team???
The fashion show is on Thursday and I am so excited for it. I am not attending it, as that big of a crowd of people that I love all wanting to hug and talk to me but are full of germs = not good for new lungs, especially for the first three months sooo I get to watch it live, but of course Hattie style I will be dressing up, sporting a fancy drink (non alcoholic...my brain does not need any intoxication!) and cheering from the side lines...(i am disappointed about missing it, but there is always next year when it is bigger and better!) Everyone who is missing the show, who didn't get tickets...those babies were sold out before they even went to print! you can check out the fashion show the next day (friday august 27th, 2010, online by going to www.cfforcf.com)
I am two and a half weeks out of hospital, and going strong!

8 comments:

debi campbell said...

Yeah Hattie! We'll be celebrating with you on Thursday!! Congratulations!

Aspiemom said...

It is so good to hear of your progress and how well you are doing! Woohoo!

Norma Thompson said...

After hearing your toenail painting and fashion show focus, you give a double meaning to 'Hatticure'. If you are going to move from baby steps to giant steps, you might as well do it in style!!! Before you know it, you'll be painting the town red!

Caroline Irvine said...

woohoo looks like Delta Discovery will have to come out of retirement!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing really well. SOOOOOOOO glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

Way to go Hattie. Will be attending the Fashion Show with Norma and we will be thinking of you along with everyone there. Will be quite the show im sure.
So keep up the good work and hope to see you soon. Painting toes is a challenge for sure......

Unknown said...

Hey Hattie.....
Painting toe nails is a challenge for most people so good for you!!! I am so glad you are doing so well...again, you are such an inspiration - you are right it is all about Hattitude !!! :-)

Keep up the awesome work, you are in my thoughts. So glad you are home...must make a world of difference. Kudos for the fashion show...sounds awesome....I will deffo check it out online.

Stay strong. Give my love to your mum and dad

Joan xxxxxxx

Lindsay Bishop said...

Yay Hattie!

P.S. Nailpens are pretty good for shakiness... maybe try one out? Shoppers has neat ones in all different colours! haha