Hey everyone,
I'm just going to do a quick little update here since I know people get worried when they haven't heard anything!
Hattie has been showing small improvements over the weekend. She was able to reads some messages on her blackberry and look at some photo from Saturday CFforCF carwash. Earlier today she was even able to go for a short walk with the physio (still attached to the vent).
Everything is a bigger challenge now because she has lost so much muscle in the week she was bedridden, but her mom says her determined, fighting spirit is back in action.
In more good news, they were removing the vent today at 2 pm--and hopefully she is DONE with that now!
There is still some fluid on the lungs, which they are dealing with, and the CT scan results showed nothing significant (infection wise)--a good sign. Her white blood cell count (WBC) is also coming down.
The next big hurtle will come next week when they try to sort out her anti rejection drugs (which were causing her a lot of trouble in the first place). Right now she on a 'temporary' drug, meaning she can only stay on it for two weeks. The docs have a good week to figure it out though, and it seems that Hattie is slowly coming back.
Cautiously optimistic, but baby steps in the right direction!
This was a hurried update, but I thought I'd let you all know. Keep sending those positive vibes!!
- Lindsay
6 comments:
Thanks Lindsey, your right we are all waiting and hoping for lots of baby steps for Hattie and then lots of giant steps to come.
Big Hugs and Love to all the Dunstans.....we are definately in your corner!
Jan
Keep up the good work, lovey! I know it's sooooooooooo hard but you WILL get there! And remember: DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE, OK? It's soooo hard to not think "well this person was out of the hosp after so many days..." or what have you. Just take it one day at a time. YOU WILL GET THERE! :)
Much love!
Thanks for the update Lindsay, you're so right about the worry level! It sounds like things are definitely moving in the right direction and will continue to do so.
Hugs, love, and positive energy being sent to all! Debi
Thanks for the update Lindsay, any little update is great. At least she is moving in the right direction, my thoughts are with her.
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about her all day and was really happy to see this.
Thank you for the updates Lindsay. I think about Hattie a lot.
Sending you positive and healthy healing thoughts Hattie. I hope you got off the vent and keep improving. Much love girl xoxo
Post a Comment