It's been one week since Hattie's transplant and with great determination she has taken baby steps forward in the right direction. However, as is the case in life, no road is smooth and no journey follows a perfect plan.
Today H had her first major setback and she is now back in ICU. I don't have the details--her parents were too emotionally exhausted to discuss it this evening and of course I respect that--but I do know that her sodium levels are low (I'm not quite sure what that means post-tx, perhaps some post-txers could chime in?).
The past few days have been a little rough for H, she sent me at text on Saturday night (the first since before she was wheeled into surgery--so I was very excited!) and said the recovery has been rough. She wondered how long it will take to feel normal again--her eyes are blurry and sore and her chest tubes are a bother (well I'm sure calling them a "bother" is a mild way to put it!). In her own words she is taking it "hour-by-hour" rather than day-by-day.
So today was a stumble, which is frustrating for everyone, but with all your positive vibes (from around the world!) she will be back on track in no time. Keep 'em coming!
- Lindsay
7 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear she's back to ICU. I'm sure the long recovery is very hard for her and can be very discouraging. Thank you for updating us.
Lindsay, thank you so much for your eloquent updates, we really appreciate them. Our hearts go out to Hattie and her family, it's a rollercoaster like no other, I'm sure. Lots of positive vibes being sent out tonight!
Thanks for the update Lindsay. So sorry to hear that ICU came calling again. She will get great care and attention there so that might be an advantage in the long run--but I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for her and her parents too. Sending love and prayers her way.
I am sorry to here about the trip back to ICU. I guess two steps forward and one step back. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Lots of love to the family. Thanks Lindsay for your update. Patty xx
I'm sorry to hear about the setback but soon she will be better. Am praying for her
I remember those steps forward followed by a few more back. And I certainly remember thinking - when will I feel normal? All I can say is that it's a slow climb up, but there is a point that it all falls into place. And when it does it's like magic. But I certainly appreciate that when you are there in that moment, it's terrible. But it's SO worth it. I can't wait until a few months from now Hattie will post pics of herself doing all the things she never thought she could do - and no one will ever believe what she went through. I can't wait.
Go Hattie Go !!
Post a Comment