Hey everyone, this is Lindsay again with the post you have been waiting for...
Around 1 am tonight my dreams were interrupted by a strange ring (I assigned Hattie's number a different ring than everyone else and apparently forgot about it!) I checked my voicemail and it was an excited/anxious/scared/in disbelief Hattie saying "Lindsay, my nurse just came into my room and they have lungs... where ARE you girl???" ha ha ha. Needless to say I called our girl back immediately!
She has since been transferred to TGH, where the transplant will take place, and is waiting for the final word that the surgery is a GO. So far her surgery is scheduled for 8 am (less than four hours away, folks!)
We agreed that everything has fallen into place at the right time: her dad just purchased a disposable camera to document her tx, the past few days she has only just begun to lose her muscle mass (which means she has some to spare), her friend is starting a job at TGH on Monday and--frankly--anytime is a good time for new lungs! Now the recovery process can finally begin.
Go Hattie go!
I will post updates as soon as I get them.
Continue to send your positive vibes and please think of the donor family tonight, because even though we have a GREAT reason to celebrate, there is a family out there that has had to let their loved one go and is in immense pain. Those who are so selfless deserve our love and support--even if they don't know we are giving it to them!
5 comments:
I am doing the Happy Dance with tears of joy running down my face. Big Red Mike is not the only winner!!! Here's to Hattie Dunstan in winning a million dollar sweepstake!!!
Lots of Love,
Aunt Norma
We love you hatts!
Thanks Linds for the update keep them coming!!!
This is awesome news! and couldnt come any sooner :) Good Luck Hattie and see you on the other side to TX it will be amazing for you!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that's appropriate.
This is fantastic NEWS. Been following all day. Will be waiting to hear from Hattie herself with her story.
Post a Comment