Hey everyone,
Again sorry for the gap in updates. Life has become busy, but thankfully I have someone to help me out now... and that someone is Hattie! Here is an update from the source:
So I'm sitting here typing on my blackberry taking deep breaths with my new lungs!
Before I give an update I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all my army of supporters! You guys have kept me going through this whole thing! Even though I did not reply, I got and read every single email! Thank you times a million you have no idea how much the littlest or biggest note meant.
The first time I checked my phone post tx I have 251 emails! That is one of the only things I do remember the first two weeks, as they were pretty brutal. No one prepares you. Every ones journey is soooo different and my first two weeks I am trying to forget and doing a good a job of it! It was a scary time, but I have these puppies breathing and workin for me now! Again I am pushing myself like crazy and you guys are helping me sooo much again thank you!
As for an update, I'm now on the ward! Woo! Last step before home! It means I'm stable enough not to be monitored all the time. I'm up to three walks a day! Thanks to mom, brother and papa who have learned how to wiggle and figgle all my chest tubes and other what have yous! I'm still really weak, and nauseous a lot of the time, but three walks now woo! And stopping two IV's tomorrow. My chest tubes are still in...the x ray says they can come out but they are still draining lots, meaning still fluid on the lungs, hopefully this week they will stop draining as they are a bit cumbersome.
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through....but I'm so thankful things seem to be moving in the right direction! Thanks soo much for all the support it seriously has kept me going! It's weird on this side of the tracks because now it's my legs and my weakness slowing me down instead of my lungs. I still have not taken a big big deep breath because of the chest tubes and it's kind of weird to feel the staples but at least the feeling has come back in my chest.
Here's to my donor, my donor family....who's lungs are working beautifully.....here's to a good week, being on the ward and my mom and dad who come in every single day.....aren't they the best? Thanks to B for letting my mom stay in Toronto! Here's to nice weather, no winter coats or boots! Here's to dreaming about running on the beach at the cottage (I still don't quite believe that that is going to be possible....) also I have my voice back! It is way higher than before....no more CF voice?? Maybe it will change again once the chest tubes come out but for now it sounds sooo different to me! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm glad my vision has come back a little so that I can type this out! I'm suppose to be napping before the folks get back for my third walk so hope your Sunday evening is dandy getting home from the cottage! Oh the cottage I want to go to mine so badly.....sigh I hope strength comes back soon! Hello again world!
6 comments:
It is so nice to "hear" from you. We have all been sending positive thoughts. I know these times are hard, but I can't wait to hear about all the things you do with these new lungs. Oh, the places you will go...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
When i saw your status update on fb i screamed internally! this has made my day! i'm so so so so soooooo happy to hear you're almost outta the place! We have lots to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAH! Your donor is awesome and i'm glad those 2 weeks are behind you as well!!!
Much love, and KEEP KICKING ASS!
Bree :)
Hi, Words can not explain how much you have touched me and my family. I sooo dont know you at all and man have you ever bring tears to my eyes. I work for Do, you know who that it is and I cant stop spreading the word about CF and the STRENGTH that a young and talented pretty girl has. You have some much to be down and sad about but your spirit wouldnn't let you and I love that about you. I sooo cant wait to meet you and there's so no need to say thank you to me I should be saying thank you to you for allowing me to see things in a differnt light. I have sooo much to be thankfull for & i owe it all to you.. Please continue to get better and till the next time we talk and to our first time meeting, H, I Love you.
Happy Monday Hattie! You amaze me! Few people have the strength and courage you display. You are a true Canadian marvel! Keep fighting; you'll be running on the beach in no time.
Hugs "Mrs. L-H"
So glad to hear things are headed in a better direction--you sure didn't get off to an easy start.
I think it is so amazing how you can care so much for someone who you "technically speaking" don't really know and never met. The CF bond breaks a lot of barriers down. I think we know each others hearts and minds in a way that is hard to express. And though you could actually be my daughter (my son is 23 and I love the stuffing out of him) I feel like we are friends.
Hope this week brings continual healing and a loss of tubes!
Post a Comment