I had clinic on Tuesday, and my numbers improved from 0.74 liters, to 0.76 liters. The tech who does my breathing test is very excited because now they have a hand held machine that they bring in to my room, which will hopefully speed clinic up. He tested it out with both machines to make sure they were compatible and his liters were 7.00 liters...are you joking me?? haha mind you he is over 6 feet tall, and has a big chest to fill with air, but he is workin' on 7 liters of air, while little ol' me is workin on 0.76 liters. I think for someone my age and height I'm suppose to have 3.5 liters of air in my lungs...bugger eh.
We were hoping for a bigger jump in numbers, but I have to keep telling myself that it had only been 10 days on these meds. Usually my numbers do not even improve until a couple weeks after I stop the IV antibiotics. My lung function always seems to be the last thing to crawl back up, so the fact that I have already had improvement is very encouraging.
My exercising is going amazing. I've been able to decrease my oxygen liters needed for exercising down to 4 liters. About 10 days ago I was on 8 liters of oxygen at the beginning of my work outs. I'm able to go for longer, and have been watching the TV series Brothers and Sisters (amazing by the way) as I go for 40 minutes on the treadmill. I checked out fitsugar.com and got an exercise program for the treadmill off of that site. It's a really neat site. I now go for 4 minutes at 3.5mph and then 2 minutes at 3.8mph alternating for my work out with an incline of 1.
Just finished my work out, now I'm off for some lunch!
2 comments:
Handheld machine eh? Not at "our" clinic, right? Congrats on the improvement and the exercise :)
wow 7.00 liters that would be incredible! Glad yours are improving! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment