Friday, February 12, 2010

eva, 65 red roses.

I posted back in November a blog about a girl, Eva who has CF. CBC aired the documentry about her going through a transplant process. She got her new lungs, but 2 years later she went in to chronic rejection, meaning her new lungs were failing. Since September she has been waiting for her second double lung transplant. As if one lung transplant is not enough or hard enough to deal with...Eva has had to go through the process of waiting for two...rotten bad luck. You can check out her blog by clicking here.

Today she posted a good bye video as her new lungs have failed her. She thinks she will pass away in a few days... a warning, this video is hard to watch. Eva you are so strong and so brave, and I'm thinking about you, your dear family and lovely friends.




I'm thinking of everyone waiting for a transplant. Keep holding on. You are all so brave.

Cystic Fibrosis is hard. Any disease is hard. But I just have to be grateful, that when our own CF, mucus filled, disease ridden, lungs fail us, instead of just dying and having no more options, when the disease decides to progress beyond repair, we are given a second chance....we are given hope. With the amazing technology and medical world of lung transplants...hope is inspired and hope lives. Thinking of you Eva. Rest easy. Breathe easier soon.

1 comment:

Somer Love said...

Praying for a miracle for her!