Tuesday, February 16, 2010

great news!

Clinic day! Up to 0.82 liters! in two and half weeks! yay! back to baseline! It took me four months on IV antibiotics last summer to get back to where I am now. This new combo of drugs with exercise really seemed to do the trick! (and of course all the amazing postive energy and vibes everyone's been sending!)

I'm still going to do one more week of IV drugs, because for some reason my white blood cell count is elevated to 17 from 14 last week...but i dunno, it always seems to be on a rollar coaster ride. It was 19 when I first decided to go on IV antibitoics and was really sick, and before I even started the drugs, that very day, it dropped to 15 without antibitoics, when I was still so sick...so it seems to just fluctuate like crazy. We weren't really paying too much attention to the cell count because of that. Although my blood sugars are higher that last few days, so I upped my insulin...which is a little discouraging, that would be an indication that infection is not totally gone, coupled with my elevated white blood cell count....my mucus is super thin, and light and non exsistant though, meaning no infection....sometimes I wish everything would be consistant...all the tests and everything pointing in the right direction.
The important part is though that my lung function is back up to 0.82 liters and on my x ray that I did a couple weeks ago, the report compared the old x ray in august 2008, a year and a half ago to this new one, and there is very little difference in damage. Meaning no new horrible scarring...which means in theory with hard work and continuous exercise I should be able to get back to 0.97 liters which I was a year ago...or so I would think? so that's encouraging! I'm so glad the x ray did not show monumentous new damage.

Anyways so great news back up to 0.82. One more week of IV antibiotics hopefully!
Had a great valentines day (all things considered) this year with my girlfriends, and a great family day, hiking on the trail with my dog, brother and parents. Good weekend, good Tuesday! First book club meeting tomorrow evening. Better get back to finishing reading the book! ha

1 comment:

Marilyn Norry said...

Hattie,
I really like reading your blog. My sister Margaret (Hare) sent me the address so we could keep track of your progress towards the trip to Barbados. Today looks like a good day! Fingers crossed that in March you'll be in the sunshine and warmth!
Today's front cover of my local newspaper features a picture and story on Eva who it turns out lives in my town - New Westminster. I was glad to see her video on your blog. As painful as it is to watch, there is so much love around her it is inspiring. The name of the movie she was in is the same as a book my friend, Heather Summerhayes Cariou, wrote of her sister. That's being made into a movie as well. OK looked it up - Heather's book is Sixtyfive Roses. No red. www.sixtyfiverosesthebook.com
I had no idea I had so many links to CF around me. So much love. Be well, be strong and let me know when you're making the Vancouver trip.
Marilyn Norry