Tuesday, February 2, 2010

on track! woo

HAPPY DAY
no more oxygen! woo
We seem to be on track with these new meds! woo
I had clinic today and it was a really good appointment. I have only been on this IV combo of drugs for 4 days and already my white blood cell count is down to 13, under 11 is normal, last week when I was quite sick it was 19! I had lost a bit of weight since I was sick, and working so hard to breath, all the calories were being used up to suck air into these lungs, but I managed to gain back some weight this week, always a good sign, that you're getting better! My FEV1% is up to 0.72 liters, 21%...still long way to go to my 0.83 liters...or ideally my 0.94, 28% liters what I was last march! But we're on the right track, since last week I was 19% lung function 0.68 liters.

The doctors are kind of shocked and very encouraged that I have improved this much after 4 days, because if you look back over my history...I take like a month on IV to see any improvement! so here's hoping this will be the right amount of drugs, and things will just keep movin' along. Thanks for all your positive vibes, they must be working! I think I this biofilm research study thing must be a good thing!

I also have not been 94% oxygen resting room air at clinic like I was today, since last April. My FVC% (i think thats what it is) has greatly improved too, which means I'm clearing the mucus, and able to get breath deeper...I think that's what it means...usually I just pay attention to the FEV1%, but the doctor brought up that my FVC? has greatly improved too! soooo next week will be 10 days on this combo, lets hope it keeps on climbing!

Also Lost season preimier is on tonight....good day today or what??? I think so.

No comments: