4 days on this combination of drugs...colliston and ceftazidine, and here are the improvements, i no longer am needing oxygen at night, as in the evening my resting on room air is 94-97! woo I also no longer feel I need it during the day, except of course with exercise. I'm currently sitting here on room air at 94%. What a relief it is to not be hooked up to oxygen, it really starts to irk your nose after a while, but it was nice that I already had it all set up, so that I could throw it on, when I needed it when I couldn't breathe last week.
I also think it's helped that I've upped my hypertonic saline to at least twice a day, since it gets rid of soo much junk. I hope my numbers will have improved tomorrow at clinic!
I went out for a walk outside yesterday. Went on the treadmill for 35 minutes Saturday and 35 minutes today. Last week I did not even have the energy to work out, it was so difficult to breathe, let alone get on the treadmill. Things are looking up. My appointment is tomorrow...so here's hoping my white blood cell count and my FEV1 lung function will have improved as well. My picc line arm is still a little sore, so I've been taking some advil, but it does usually ache for a good week or so. Also I no longer get out of breath putting on my winter boots...and it's only been 4 days! It has been a really long long 4 days though. I'm pooped since I have to do the meds every 8 hours, so my sleep at night is limited to 7 hours if I'm lucky...napping during the day just is not up to snuff as a good 8 hour sleep at night...
3:00pm med time! Have to go hook myself up!
No comments:
Post a Comment