Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sick...


I woke up with a sore throat yesterday and today it is worse! AH Can you even believe it. I have no idea where I picked up this bug. I hope it is just a sore throat and that I can sleep and drink it off with water and apple juice. It sure hurts though.

It is soooo important for me not to get sick. Any little cold could send me back into the hospital.My cystic sista got a common cold last fall and ended up in the hospital for three months and on oxygen 24/7....soooo please if you are carrying around any sort of virus, don't come near me! Even if you think your getting over the cold, please don't come near me until you are 100% symptom free! If anyone is carrying a virus around, I can't see them. It is just too risky for me with my little low lung function. Come this fall, I am quarantining myself in my aparment. My little brother is going to univeristy and living in residence so when he comes home he is going to be a ceast pool of germs...thus I must prepare the defenses...stocking up on cold fx, and vitamin C.

I went searching through the house last night to try to find some cold fx when I knew that for sure it was a sore throat and i only found two pills...and i'm stranded all day without a car to go out and get more. ugh.

I watched a video on a fellow CFer's blog, run sickboy run "Just Do It"...about exercise, and today I wasn't going to get on the treadmill, I did 45 minutes yesterday, but after watching the video, I thought to myself, emmm no I will get on the treadmill today despite this nasty little sore throat and feeling like just lounging on the couch and drowning my soreness in ice cream. Even if it's half the work out, i will "Just Do It".

No comments: