Saturday, September 19, 2009

showers....who would have thought

soo before you turn on your shower the next time fellow CFers....check out this article that a friend sent me last week. Click here for link to story. or copy and paste this into your browser. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/09/15/showerheads-bacteria.html

It's a whole article about how there is a bacteria that can grow in most shower heads, so we definitely don't want that in our lungs. moral of the story, let the shower head run a few minutes before you get into it, and also replace plastic shower heads with metal ones, as it's harder for the bacteria to grow and multiple on metal shower heads.
We are just re doing my bathroom in my apartment now, so I am definitely going to get a metal shower head.

I also think that I may be getting another chest infection. Sigh....just in time for my New York City trip...these bacteria of mine in these good ol' lungs sure know when a good trip is coming up, cause they don't want to miss out, so of course they decide to go bonkers and start acting up...
My blood sugars have been 7.4 -7.7 in the mornings, usually they're 5.8mmol. My white blood cell count was also up at clinic on Tuesday....all indicators of an infection. At least I still have the picc line in, so it'll be easy to re-start IV antibiotics if I need them. One point me...We go down to clinic again on Tuesday so we'll see what they have to say then.
I didn't get on the treadmill today, I wallpapered in my kitchen and did laundry and went to a garage sale and started working on my apartment bathroom with my dad instead....I know, I know, slap on the wrist.
My bathroom needs a lot of work.We were able to get the new taps working, and the new sink dropped into the cabinet. My dad is super man...seriously...no joke. He is an electrical engineer, so he knows everything there is to know about computers and yet he still is mr. handy man and is re doing my bathroom for me, hooking up all the plumbing, etc. I hope my dad has passed the handy man (or woman) gene on to one of us kids, so either I or my brothers are able to fix everything when we're older.
I had to turn on the apartment gas fire place today...it was just tooooo cold.
Anyways I have to wake up at 8 tomorrow to fit my work out exercise in! I'd better get off this computer and go do a mask! send out positive thoughts, that I don't have an infection...it would really be a bummer if I had to lug my IV pole and drugs across the US border...maybe it would be quite comical though...a bunch of kids in their 20's crossing the border with a pharmacy in the trunk...sigh...the life of a CFer. haha

1 comment:

Lindsay Bishop said...

Haha oh Hattie, gotta stir up the drama before your trip, eh? BTW after I read that article the other day I was immediately paranoid of my shower (which is plastic)...so I'm looking in to replacing that. Also, I think I need to borrow your Dad to fix my bathroom sink lol, it has been broken since... oh, May?

And don't feel too awful, I missed my third workout day this week too :( Instead I went downtown, sat on my butt and ate sushi...