Wednesday, September 30, 2009

COLD

oh also...how cold is it today? Way to cold, right? Fall and Winter are coming, and I am dreading it. I went to the thrift store today and bought a wool coat today in preparation. brr.

I hope I get to jet off to Barbados in November. I was talking to a woman at CF clinic yesterday who does triathlons for a living! Crazy eh. Turns out she lives right near me and even bikes past our house. She even swam at the same pool as me, when I used to be on the swim team. Crazy small world eh. She and her husband go to Florida every year she says, simply because the cold air is just so much worse on her airways, so she needs the warm air for three months of the year. It's just a life style choice they have chosen. She also thrives off of the heat and the salt air, which is what we have found with Barbados. I just seem to do so much better down there. I guess it's just less harsh, the warm air on my lungs, then the cold, and the salt air helps me cough up all the junk.
I hope it warms up again...we barely had a summer, and now fall is upon us, and my little body is freezing already...as my boyfriend says though...at least the leaves are lovely! haha

1 comment:

Lindsay Bishop said...

It is SO COLD! I have had the fireplace on for most of the day and am walking around with a blanket at all times. lol. Congrats on making it to 1 month for clinic and 3 months for working out! wooo