Friday, March 18, 2011

rubber...does not withstand time

So after 9 days in the hospital, I finally get home and go digging for my rubber picc line proctor to have a shower at home. None of this saran wrap medical tape, rip off of arm business.

For some reason, I never threw the dry pro picc line proctector out. Maybe because I used it for like two years straight and sentimenal value? Maybe because I've had it for the last 5 years? Nah. This thing needs to be chucked, but I just never did. So I went digging in my cabinet in the washroom for this hunk of junk. Low and behold it did not get thrown out with the trash along with the ton of other stuff I thought I'd never have to use again post tx, medicine, lines, tubing, puffers, masks, etc.

Turns out it was not much better then saran wrap...as I had to completely tape it up with the medicine tape I swiped from the hospital before I headed home...and then it ripped again as I was pulling it off of my arm after the shower.

I ordered a new one.
Dry Pro Picc Line Protector. A life Saver in the Shower...or at the beach. 

No comments: