I had the worst night EVER and even more of a horrendous morning waking up.
My roommate likes to read at 3 in the morning? Our room is also right across from the nurses station. It is the loudest I have ever heard anything in my life. Take a construction team, add a jack hammer, and a wood pecker, and that was what it felt like inside my head this morning. Add to that a fever of 39.4...and ladies and gentlemen we have THE best day anyone could ask for? sarcasm much. I did not sleep well last night.
I was moaning and groaning and cowering under my pillow trying to get away from all this. 'This' being, the constant phone ringing off the hook, (everyone on the floor calls the desk that was RIGHT outside my door) hearing ALL the announcements, hearing every single nurses conversation (although I did manage to over here that there are 2 cepacia positive people on the floor, so at least I know to stay clear of them.) I did not get an reprieve until around 4 oclock today. I have had some coughing, so they do not know whether I have a cold, or an infection or something, so thank the heavens, they have isolated me and I get my own private "suite". For the first time this afternoon, I was able to sleep in peace, close my door, and I woke up and the fever had broken. Sometimes it pays to have a little 'hack'.
Still have cough, fever, headache, sputum, and CMV virus at 3800 counts. Continuing on meds. Here's to hoping I don't wake up tomorrow feeling like absolute garbage again.
No comments:
Post a Comment