Thursday, March 10, 2011

nurses....they are the bomb.

First of all, Who's negative Nelly, sad Sally, grumpy Gus in the post below? oooo yeah the girl that had a fever of 39.4, could barely open her eyes and felt as if her brain was too big for her skull causing excruciating pain...yes, yes, that girl. Well she's gone for now!

This morning I woke up fever free (so far) and headache free as well. And I actually slept. I will never under appreciate the quality of silence when you're sleeping. I went to bed at 11 last night, and woke up at 6 to the nurse waking me up. I cannot believe I slept through the whole night. My new room is amazing. It's at the end of the hallway, as far as you can get from the nurses station. It has a great view, HUGE windows.
For a hospital room, this is a little slice of heaven with some strawberries dipped in chocolate on top. Isolation is the best.

Second part of this post. Can I just say and reiterate again and again, how friggin' awesome Nurses are? They have to deal with THE worst stuff on this planet, and they do it all with a smile and a "oh we've seen it all before"....why? why do you have to have seen it all before? I do NOT want to go in to nursing, not now, not ever (even though I feel as if doctor lingo is my second language)

Now that I am coherent this time round in the hospital, my roommate was not so much. She was back at the stage where I was 7 months ago. She cannot walk, go to the bathroom, barely eats on her own...life is difficult with her weakness. I cringe remembering every detail that she is going through. The nurses just do it all with a pep in their step and a smile on their face. I cannot get over what they have to do....most of the time I want to say 'ew' to it, squint my eyes up real tight and plug my ears, but kudos to them! Nurses you rock.

On todays agenda, find some ice cream, with maple syrup and chocolate chips (my throat hurts, and I have SUCH a craving for it) also advocate a picc line.

Can you believe I'm advocating for one? Well these hand IV's hurt. I mean they don't hurt, they're just friggin' annoying. Also my IV antiviral medication has a big toxic sign on the front, almost all meds except saline should not be put through dinky hand IV's anyways as it's so hard on your veins (some days I feel as if we are a toxic waste land fill, and they are pumping us full of meds which are really neon radiation and we will turn soon start sprouting an ora of neon light, and maybe grow some antennas) and after one blown vein, and about 6 pokes in my arm for blood, I'm done being a pin cushion. Picc Line please. Ativan...oh heck yes. Check.

No comments: