Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I gots da CMV.....virus.

Wouldn't you know the day after I go out and spend money in the 'fancy' grocery store because I have had a fever all week and sick and could not get to the 'regular' grocery store, that of course after I spend and splurge and indulge myself with all this great food.......the next day I get a phone call around 3pm saying well can you be at the hospital for 5pm. My blood culture came back and I have the CMV virus, because I've been feeling so shotty lately, they're starting me on IV instead of oral meds.
AWesome......boogus. First hospitalization since transplant.

I have not been feeling very well for the past month I had this ear thing going on, then I had this stomach thing for three weeks, and then I have had this fever, headache, chills and shakes thing for a week.

Sunday I ended up in emerge because I totally freaked myself out since I could not get warm, was shaking so bad, yet had a raging fever, and then carrying my bags I was like "oh no flashback to CF lungs"...felt a tad short of breath. SO of course I rushed to emerge. They pumped me full of fluids since I was so dehydrated.

I went to clinic Monday and they thought it might be infection, with the increased cough etc, so they booked me an unexpected bronchoscopy for wednesday to check if everything was cool down there.

Anyways long story short, I'm glad they finally know whats wrong with me, after me going back like week after week, saying "something is wrong with me!...help." but the blood work never showed CMV finally we have an answer, and I am in the hospital and have started treatment. I didn't get to see a doctor since they had all left by 5. So tomorrow I'll know what is up, is up?

I did all this without my side kick, mom. She's enjoying the beach, down in barbados! Had tons of other volunteers. Thanks Aunt J for driving me to the hospital tonight.

Also I just heard my roomate say this to someone "same shit different shovel"....applies nicely to me too. haha

1 comment:

Caroline Irvine said...

Gah, that's no good! But at least they've found it now, hope you feel better soon!
(And I DO know what cricket is, just had no idea how its played and that people are actually fans of it hahah)