I'm really tired...it's exhausting talking to someone about how your dying...
My friends and I have been working on a fashion show for August. It's a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis, featuring 8 local fashion houses, and independent designers. We asked the local newspaper if they could do a write up on the show and help promote it. Tonight he took a photo of all the girls about 10 or 12 of them (who are either modeling in the show, or on the committee putting it all together) in front of the golf course where the event is going to be held. Then he interviewed 3 of my friends on the committee and they speakerphone conferenced me in from my hospital room....
I think today was the first time I said out loud "I'm dying"....and I said it on the phone to a stranger...I'm only 22...I shouldn't have to say that...
I hope that this newspaper article brings more awareness about CF. I hope it makes more people express their organ donation wishes to their family members. I hope for so many things.
I will tell you one thing...talking about death and how your dying is one sure way to give your sinuses a good clean rinse! ha
Looking forward to tomorrow and getting listed officially. Starting my new journey with the hope of new lungs, my new life, my new breath...gotta keep looking forward. One day at a time.
1 comment:
Wow- front page! I'd love to help promote your event. We had the Reddy for the Cure event yesterday at Mankind salon - check out some of the pictures at:
http://www.greatstridesccff.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment