Then she discussed with me how there is two status. Status 1 is for people who can afford to wait a year for a transplant...and then there is status 2, the more urgent. So if lungs come up that are the right blood type and the correct size...people on status 2 get them. She said that she is going to recommend that I be put on status 2 list. say WHAT??.....did not see that one coming. I must keep myself well enclosed in a bubble I guess? Just how sick am I? I guess sick enough that I don't have a year to wait for new lungs. Status 2 is for people who are always on IV, with as low lung function as me etc. Scary to think that. I was saying to my mama today, man do we keep gettin' thrown things, left, right and centre, one thing after another...I feel as if we are not prepared. I've enclosed myself in a bubble, but it's a coping mechanism I use I suppose.
Anyways after the initial tears, and shock of being told your going to be listed at status 2, I sat back and thought, well GOOD. Who the hell wants to wait a year for new lungs? It's almost like not even being listed when your at status 1 it seems, since someone else will always probably get the lungs before you on the status 2 list. If I'm going to get new lungs, I might as well get 'er done now! What's the point in waiting in limbo? It also means I will hopefully get new lungs in the warmer months, since they break your sternum during surgery (yes that is one of my biggest ick factors about the whole thing, I have a thing with my sternum!) you cannot really get cold afterwards, or apparently it is AWFUL for your sternum. So all good things, I will probably/hopefully get transplanted in the warmer months, and be all better in tip top shape, and recovered for my champagne birthday, 23 years old on the 23rd day of December! Me and my friend N already planned out my b-day party. Hope all my girls like tea? haha
sigh...well so that's that I guess. Oh I also got from my cousin and Aunt a lovely little angel of courage
"when life tosses you a challenge,
or maybe a few.
And you have to decide just what you
should or shouldn't do
This "thoughtful" little angel will be right here to help you
Spread your wings with courage so you
can do what you must do
To follow your hopes and dreams
and make them all come true!"
or maybe a few.
And you have to decide just what you
should or shouldn't do
This "thoughtful" little angel will be right here to help you
Spread your wings with courage so you
can do what you must do
To follow your hopes and dreams
and make them all come true!"
2 comments:
Sooner the better! Who wants to hang about waiting, huh? Hope you get listed sharpish! Xx
It's always scary when you still have to get used to the idea of it all. Sometimes having lots of time to think about it can really freak you out. So like you said, get'er done now. Soon you will be in tiptop shape and feeling great.
Keep smiling, love Patty xx
ps I can hardly wait to see what happens on Lost!!!
Post a Comment