Sunday, May 16, 2010

I have the worlds best family. period.

I got to go home on a day pass today. I miss my home. It has been 10 days since I have been there. ALREADY everything has changed. Everything is SO green. The driveway is completely filled in with leaves, my apartment is SO much darker due to all the leaves on the trees, and my cat, believe it or not is thinner! She must be super depressed and not eating since I've been away. Poor kitty cat. I had a nap at home today, and usually she sleeps at my feet, but today she had to sleep right near my head. She misses me a ton, I think.

The weather was beautiful today, even when I came back to hospital tonight, My nurse was like "oh you got some sun!" (I must soak it up so easily, because I thought I sat under the umbrella for most of the afternoon!) My little brother, pa and ma and I sat outside for lunch. My Grandma came up after church for a little visit too. We are teaching her to text message, so she and me have been corresponding through text's. She is getting good at it! Next stop a computer for her!

I am still feeling a bit of pain today in my lungs, well this evening, always in the evening it gets worse. I will have to ask the doctor what exactly is going on tomorrow. So far have not needed any tylenol 3's today. Just lots of advil. I'm not sure when I will be able to go home...I do not feel well enough yet to leave the hospital (imagine me saying that!) Maybe they will switch medicine tomorrow, and I'll be able to get more stable so I can go home. We shall see what the plan is tomorrow. Good news, back to physiotherapy tomorrow. i have missed having my lungs clapped twice a day, it really is the most effective at getting all the mucus out! Although my poor ribs needed a break this weekend from it.

These photos are from my families surprise to me today. It was SO wonderful. I live in an apartment off of my parents house. It's nice because I get some independence yet when I'm sick or need assistance (or food? haha) my family is still right there in the main part of the house. Since I've been living in the apartment when I moved back from School for almost a year, me and all my guests who come over have still had to use the my parents front door, walk through their laundry room, and then in through my closet to get to my apartment. Well today, no more!!!
I pulled up in the car with my dad with my day pass from the hospital, and I see a mailbox, with "hattitude" painted on the side (my jewellery company is called You've Got Hattitude) and an old milk can from my grandpa's farm, with a pot of flowers on it at the start of a path, going up to MY apartment front door. As if that wasn't enough! But I get out of the car and my younger brother has put in a flagstone walkway for me! It was beautiful. He designed the whole thing, laid it out on the driveway and then transferred it to the walkway that he cleared to my front porch of my apartment. So today I was able to use MY very own front door. sigh. it was wonderful. Thanks little brother. I love you! Thanks mom and dad! Thanks for the day. Give beau beau a hug for me! I miss her already.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

The walkway looks beautiful. Glad you got to enjoy such a nice day at home.

Unknown said...

Wow what a work of art. I might just have to have that little (tall) brother of yours to my place to get a wonderful pathway like that. haha What a great day to have been home. The sun was out yet it was nice and cool in the shade. I hope you are feeling better today. Love Patty xx

K.C. said...

What a great looking walkway! Can't wait to use it!