Friday, May 28, 2010

my cystic cyster

So last night a nurse said to me "oh so your officially listed...so you could go at any moment" ah I thought...well yes...I suppose I could...when you put it like that, it's kind of scary.
Today I was out for lunch with Q, and I looked at my cell phone, just in case you never know! haha and I had three missed phone calls, all by unknown numbers...I was like nooo your joking me, no that's impossible, they don't have lungs yet, and to top it off I had JUST canceled my answering machine service, so I start freaking out, but it was just the physio/exercise room calling to set up appointment times for next week. That's been happening to me a lot...and it's only been 2 days! Gotta relax, stop thinking about it so much haha Top of the To Do List...get answering machine for phone. ASAP

I also have been getting a lot of questions about "how will people be able to keep up to date on when I get the call? how everything is going after surgery? in the ICU unit and the step down unit? Will someone be able to update my blog?" Well my cystic cyster, since she is a journalist, has her own blog, one of my dearest friends, AND has CF too, thus knows all the lingo etc, is the perfect candidate to update my blog while I cannot..and since my mama is not that great on the computer, My mom will phone L with updates, so she can update everyone else via the blog.
So yeah that's how that will work!

On the other front, we have been getting soooo much support, donations, volunteers, awareness already from that local newspaper article. Media is a powerful tool! It's great!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congrats on getting listed. Are you staying in St. Mikes till you get the call??
Things will work out for themselves, you will see :)