I am currently sitting in a lodge up north with the wind whistling through the windows as it gently blows my hair around my face so I can't see the computer screen sometimes. The lodge has an amazing view of the lake and the dock is right outside the place. My mom already went for a dip in the lake early this morning.
We had some good news last week, the transplant team called us on Friday and they and my CF doctors all think it is a little too early to put me on the list. yay! Now I just have have to stay infection free so I can go traveling. My boyfriend is already planning a trip out to Halifax, I will have to add that to the list of places to go this fall.
We are on a vacation visiting my little brother...although he's not so little, he towers over me at almost six foot three. My grandma, and aunt and mom all drove up yesterday, a five hour car ride from our home. It is so nice to see little brother though. I am so jealous it is like he is at camp. He lives in a cabin with 8 other guys in the woods at a park. I miss camp so much from the younger years! If I could go back in time to one point in my life, it would be the summer I was 15 years old, I went to camp for a month doing a councillor in training program. It was the best summer of my life and it was before CF started to catch up with me.
I haven't blogged in awhile, but I've been busy with my jewellery business, and enjoying the hot weather we're finally having. I've even managed to sneak a few margaritas in this past weekend with my girlfriend at the cottage. We lazed on the beach for hours and sat in the water, it was 30 degrees, I can't remember doing that at all last summer. It was wonderful to have the heat this year finally to do it. Anyways I'd better get out and enjoy the sun up here before it begins to thunder storm! Thanks for all your positive energies about 'failing' the transplant test! It worked... for now!
1 comment:
I wish I could gone...Grandma said that was one of her best vacations ever! Congrats on not making the list! ;)
Post a Comment