Yesterday I did a muga test. It was brutal. It was basically them checking to make sure my heart can withstand the surgery, because during the surgery, the surgeon actually lifts and moves my heart around so he can sew in the new lungs. This puts a lot of stress on the heart, so they had to make sure there was no holes in it, and that the blood flowed well, in and out during rest and exercise.
Well let me tell you ladies and gentlemen...if you ever find yourself in the position of getting a muga test (i'm hope none of you will!) but here is lesson number one...don't exercise for 45 minutes on the treadmill the night before you are suppose to get the muga...not only were my legs a little sore already, but I clearly did not realize I have the weakest thigh muscles since it was really hard to lie on a wooden board on my back, put my feet in this 25 year old bike peddles, and peddle against a really hard resistant for as long as I could, with this huge robotic looking camera all up in my face...I maybe went for 60 seconds, before I asked him if I could quit...it was brutal. I will have to work on my bicycling ability as well as my breathing ability on the bike..both which prevented me from going longer, but as my cystic cysta told me "don't worry those exercise tests are suppose to be extremly hard"...thanks Bish (names have been changed to protect the innocent) haha
note to self...get an exercise bike, since it works different muscles, i'll have to switch up my routine between the bike and the treadmill.
I started reading the ninth book of the sookie stackhouse series. True blood fans, start reading these novels. Twighlight fans start reading them.
I'm just waiting for dinner to digest and then going to hope on the treadmill. Going to watch another episode of freaks and geeks.
Looking forward to lykke li concert and day/night out in the city for the first time in like 10 weeks since I am no longer on IV's and confined to my home for three times of meds daily hooked up to a pole. It will be wooonderful. For your musical enjoyment check out Lykke Li as she is grand. http://www.myspace.com/lykkeli - it's a tie between my fav song, 'little bit' and 'tonight'.
Oh also, there is a blood clinic tuesday august 11th in our area! please if you are able to donate, it would mean a lot to me. I found out my blood type during all these tests, and I know it's selfish, but one day I might need a blood transfusion, it's such a simple thing and you could be helping so many people! sooo please donate! I'll even come and hold your hand if you need it...i've never been on that end of the holding hand, someone is always usually holding mine! but i'm sure i'll be good at it! haha I'll even bring you a juice box (to replenish your sugars)!
No comments:
Post a Comment