Monday, August 3, 2009

Swimming

Well I've been short of breath a bit this past weekend. My blood sugars have also been out of whack, ah the wonders of having cystic fibrosis related diabetes...always keeps you on your toes. I'm not sure what the cause is. I hope I'm not getting another infection i JUST came off of meds.
anyways to update this weekend was lovely, ate a lot of good food, ( my boyfriends mother always has schmogorusborg of food, i contribute a lot of this new found weight to her great cooking) there was good company, and good weather on the island.

I even found another thing to put down on my list of things I want to accomplish when I get a transplant...I want to swim from my boyfriends island to the park island across the way. It's about 3-5 kilometres, maybe? When I was a competitive swimmer before my CF decided to bite me in the butt, and take a turn for the worse, we used to swim 5 km to raise money for the swim team...I want to swim 5 km in the lake. obviously i'll have to train, i haven't swam like that in YEARS...but gosh it'll be great.
mainly i just want to swim again though...any swimming. i miss it so much. i miss feeling the water slide past you, I miss blowing out bubbles of air underwater, I miss feeling so strong as you take stroke after stroke...I miss being able to dive into the water and come up not feeling like you just ran a marathon and can hardly breathe...wouldn't it be nice to do a good dive into the lake again? or even a backwards dive, and then swim like you did when you were a little kid under the water like a mermaid...then whip your hair back as you dive out of the water just like Ariel did? haha sigh...

Anyways wow totally didn't mean to go all nostalgic on you...but really I miss swimming perhaps above all else. Not being able to play inner tube water polo at school this year was a major let down.

I think I am going to take a leave of absence in the fall from school...if after all the doctors meet and they decide to list me I wont' be able to travel anywhere outside of the city for 2 and half hours...so trips and vacations are out.
If I'm waiting on the list for a year...then that means for two years, one year waiting lets say and one year post transplant of recovery.... no vacations...thus I gotta get my kicks in while I still can. If they decide not to list me, I'm going to go travelling this fall, because who knows when they might decide to list me, and 2 years is a long time to not go to my favourite destination joint...Barbados!

So places I want to go this fall, Montreal, New York, Washington, London ON, (All to visit people), Barbados of course...it is my second home, if they had a CF clinic there, I'd be living there in a heart beat, also somehow I feel magically better down there. I think... no scratch that, I KNOW I was born in the wrong continent. I was made for the heat, and the salt air.
I also want to work on my business, and do things I love...I don't love school... and I don't want to waste time commuting. I'm going to concentrate on travelling, my jewellery business, and exercising...I gotta get my muscles strong, since that seems to be the key for going through a transplant.
Also started watching the freaks and geeks season this weekend...jury is still out on whether I like it.
Send out positive thoughts and vibes to the universe for me. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: