Eva. 65_redrosesToday I had clinic, and for the first time in months, my lung function was up! .83 liters ladies and gentlmen! woo. I am on week four of this 'running' program. yesterday was SOOO hard to do it, because turns out I had a nasty infection brewing despite my increased lung function. My white blood cell count was up to 21! I have darker bad tasting mucus...bacteria is back and fighting it's way to make me sick!
so the game plan...since I am suppose to leaving for Barbados in six days...folks six days, and my little lungs could not have just held tough! cooome on...although my body has had an excuse...little bit of a stressful week last week, but still...really I needed this vacation now more then ever! oh well if the orals don't work by friday, then we'll go in January. I am going down to the hospital on Sunday to get my line pulled if everything works. I'm hoping because we caught it early again (thanks blood sugars) that orals will be able to kick it.
I am starting cipro and septra though. I have not been on cipro in years, because I never really thought it worked for me...well I took it for the first time tonight, and I started getting real itchy all over...could have been the cute wool dress I was wearing, or my new wool prayer shawl(bless you m. lovely lady)....but I am sitting in my pj's now, and still itching...so I guess I will have to get an allergy test. Why do us CF'ers have to become allergic to antibiotics? I guess I am lucky though since thus far I have not become allergic to anything...as my cystic cysta says..."whoever is in charge, should get a letter of complaint!"
so hopefully these oral antibiotics will work for me in three days and I'll get my picc line pulled on sunday and be on a plane monday morning, chasing the blues away with some rum punches on the beach in the heat!
Did everyone catch the documentary 65_redroses last night...phew that was a tough watch. If you didn't see it, you can check it out here http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Passionate_Eye/ID=1333883430....not for the faint of heart though...they do not sugar coat ANYTHING. it was a really well done documentary though....really tough to watch though
Here's Eva, the star of the movie's live journal http://65redroses.livejournal.com/
She posted a great newspaper article about the movie on her blog. She is waiting for her SECOND double lung transplant...I hope she gets her call soon. She is just such a beautiful spirit. I hope this video has inspired and given people the opportunity to sign their organ donor cards. In Vancouver after the film was aired at the film festival, they noticed a huge increase in donors, hopefully in ontario and across the nation, it will have the same effects.
This is part of one of her first entries online, “There is a part of me that [my family] will never understand… and that I deal with every day of my life,” “I need somewhere to vent. To let go and not always be motivating and inspiring. I need somewhere to let my fears go unleashed.”
I need somewhere to let my fears go unleashed...well said Eva my girl.
My fears...from last night...I can't shake that documentary...one day that will be my reality. It was so raw, so real.
No comments:
Post a Comment