Thursday, April 7, 2011

results are in from biopsy.

I had a bronch done Tuesday morning and the results are back already! the biopsy (they took a small piece from parts of my lung) was negative!  No rejection.

great news. now I can book my washington trip. cherry blossoms here I come.

I will admit I was a bit scared when my coordiator called me thursday morning SO soon after my biopsy, I was like oh frig I have rejection, I gotta get down to the hospital immediately or something, so my stomach was able to NOT throw up  calm down a bit after she said No acute rejection was found.

Also is it weird that I cried because she said I could go down to 7.5mg of prednisone. I HATE prednisone with such a fierce passion. It has given me THE worst side effects ever. I have been on it for 3 years at high doses, and finally I will be on a dose of the steroid that our body naturally makes anyways.
No more chipmunk face, no more dependency, no more weird side effects (hopefully) with prednisone.

Yay to: thursday, Almost being the weekend, starting a personal trainer today, AND clothing swap party on saturday. woo

3 comments:

debi campbell said...

Conratulations Hatttie - what wonderful news - look out world - she's back , and then some!

Caroline Irvine said...

great news! wow can't believe it's been 3 years since you started prenisone! i think I was in sweden then. aww bummed i'm missing clothing swap!

Unknown said...

Great news! Enjoy your trip.

Colleen