I MADE IT! I'm in washington DC. Right now as I type this waiting for my cuuuuz to get off of work.
the sun is shining and it's beautifullllll here. BEST OF ALL....there are flowers! and not just the earth looking dead like back home...some GREEN grass and trees!
carrying bags off of flight, wearing back pack and carrying duffle type bag, while talking to a guy on flight AND climbing stairs. check. check. check. breathing? not a problem. I usually would have been gasping for air carrying a back pack, and duffle bag, while trying to have a conversation with someone....WHILE climbing stairs...didn't even make a gasp of air. It's surreal.
Going to the bathroom on flights, I normally would take my oxygen off, and not wear it, so I would be sweating and hot and breathing heavily by the time I would get back to my seat. This time round...my breath was as, even as, if I was sleeping.
Wheeling my suit case, carrying my duffle bag, AND a computer backpack on my back (those things are no feather) all down the sidewalk to get to my cousins car. Normally I would have flagged her, called her, sat down and waited until the vehicle came to a stop in front of me. This year...I'm pulling and skippin' and getting myself to her car with BREATH.
Thank you donor, for making my trip to washington, SO freakin' fantastic. It's great to be able to walk up and down the stairs in her old fantastic high ceiling home to the basement to the upstairs, without even skipping a beat of breath.
I wonder if I will ever stop noticing the little things? I wonder if I will ever stop noticing that I can breathe doing stuff now? I notice EVERYTHING...and it's pretty freakin' awesome.
The novelty of breathing...it just never gets old.
6 comments:
Awesome Hattie--hope you have a great trip :)
Sweeeeet! Glad to hear you made it, hope you're feeling better as well. Have an awesome trip!
omg, the flight! I still can't get over how easy flying is. I think it was hard for me most of my life, as the pressure changed and I could not breathe well. The past few years it was as you said, I got hot and sweaty, and well, it was horrible. So easy huh? I still notice everything too. Why not? Makes life that much more amazing.
You are an amazing wowman Hattie. You have come so far. Have a great time. You deserve it for sure. We love reading your blog to keep updated.
Have FUN :)
Gald to hear you had a fantastic trip! I feel the same as you, you notice all the little things and they just amaze you. We are truely gifted!
Hattie, its so comforting to read your blogs (as the mother of Carla awaiting transplant). I can't wait for her to be writing about the amazing things she'll be able to do that the rest of us 'breathers' take for granted. Thanks so much for your posts!
Post a Comment