What to do...move back home in January or continue living in the city? That is the question.
I'm almost 23 years old. Most of all my friends are now living in the city. I'm single. I hate driving. I love concerts and live music. I want to use these lungs, and walk and explore and do things. The city gives me this opportunity...but maybe the city sucks in the winter? Is it too cold to go out? Do I want to be back home to the country, surrounded by the snow, that I used to once dread?
I am actually looking forward to stomping through the deep snow this year, wearing all the heavy gear, and not getting out of breath. I can't wait to build a snow fort, roll my own snow balls and have a snow ball fight without getting winded.
Today I was able to do a low, low squat and used just my fingertips on my one hand to get up from the ground. Thighs are greatly improved. I'm up to lifting 9 lbs weights ( after transplant I was only doing 2lb) I'm thinking about taking up yoga soon. I think things are healing nicely and I miss being able to touch my toes. Things are stiff after transplant. Someone in the treadmill room told me if you lay in bed each day after surgery you lose 3% of your muscle mass. If I laid in bed for 30+ days, that's 90% of my muscle mass...no wonder I was such a mess after transplant.
Today I cleaned the condo. I did the dishes, swept the floor, cleaned the washroom, put away months of clothing, stripped the bed, did the laundry...then I sat down and realized I did all of that without getting out of breath. There used to be a time when putting a load of laundry into the machine would leave me gasping for air. Now...nothing.
On Tuesday I went back to CF clinic for a check up, and I blew my highest lung function to date on a hospital machine. 2.03 liters. 58%. These babies love me. I am lucky lucky lucky. Thank you.
2 comments:
Great to hear you're steadily improving. I heard you were at the cottage!
Where are you staying in Toronto?
Born to be a city girl! It never hurts to try things out. Later of if you dont like it you can always pick up and move elsewhere. Your young and ambituous.
Isnt it great to be able to do all those things and then realize hey I didnt have to take a rest or anything. Like I said earlier congrats on the awesome pft's !
Post a Comment