Thursday, April 1, 2010

I caught a cold...rotten luck

I haven't been updating this as much as I have been in the past...I got a scolding from my cousin who lives in the states...clearly she didn't get the memo that it's freakin' 20 + degrees out, and thus I must be outside most of my days, making up for the lack of vitamin D from the dark winter we had! ha That...and my internet connection for the past week has not worked in my apartment, so I'm always in my parents part of the house, updating things. Also I've been busy getting my 'Gorgeous Gal' and Button Baby Beauty Hattitude Collections up on the site!

I caught a cold Saturday morning...woke up with an awful sore throat...rotten luck eh? I was off IV two and half weeks, feeling GREAT...and I had to get a cold. I went all winter long without one, and come Spring, JUST as I get off IV...whamo I have the worst luck in the world, and catch a nasty old cold. I'm hoping I can kick it without orals. I'm doing chest percussion physio (well my Dad and brother are doing it for me, thanks guys!) for those who don't know what chest percussion is, they clap my chest to loosen the thick sticky mucus from my lung walls, so I can cough it up easier, essential when you have even more thick sticky mucus during a cold. I've also started this saline nasal rinse...that is quite interesting. Up one nostril, Down the other...google neilmed saline rinse if you want to watch a video of it haha

I also have been working with a good friend on out CF fashion show Fundraiser. We're hoping to have a venue booked next week, and have gotten a really good response back for forming a committee to help us out. It's going to be a lot of work, but very rewarding and fun I think!

On the not so good news front, Eva from BC who was waiting for her second set of lungs after her first set went in to chronic rejection, from the documentary, 65 Red Roses passed away this weekend. She had a way about her, a true fighter and beautiful spirit. You can check out her blog by clicking here.

Thank you Eva for making a difference.
Thank you for giving all of us a chance who follow in your footsteps when the time comes for our new lungs.
Thank you for creating the documentary that increased organ donation around the world, and tripled it in Canada alone.
Thank you for having the audacity to tell your story and your showing your courage and beauty to the world at the age of 25.
Thank you for telling your story so people like me can hold on.
Thank you for being brave.
Thank you for writing so genuinely, freely and graciously.
Thank you for spreading awareness about our disease.
Thank you Eva for everything.....I'll keep fighting.

No comments: