Saturday, April 10, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends....


sooo I have some really really...REALLY great friends. My trip to bdos was cancelled due to a cold that I couldn't kick...until next year! sigh...
I also had to get in ANOTHER picc line yesterday. FYI, it went smoothly. Thank gosh. ( I guess the extra ativan pills I popped, are doin' the trick these days? ha I asked not to have the dr. that always butchers me. I even told the male nurse attending me, (well I think it was the ativan 'happy' drugs doing all the talking at this point) which doctor always screwed up on me and that I always ask not to have, he started laughing, as if he knew that the dr. was bad at them! gesh..
I started IV drugs yesterday, and am already feeling better! (could be the placebo effect, and the bouquet flower effect ha, but I'll take it!)...but my week is already filling up with fun activities to replace barbados...including wearing frilly frocks, big hats, and speaking with british accents for high tea! haha so fun, can't wait NM.
Also I got a call this morning asking where I lived, that they had a delivery for me, a flower arrangement delivery??? Well I'll be!....tickled pink I was! Who could it be from? so exciting! They were from my ghost best friend! Thanks cysta! LOVE YOU! They really truly absolutely made my day! My mom even cried! haha
She sometimes has it harder then me when I get my picc lines in...I've never been on the other side of the waiting room during surgery, but I imagine it's not fun...at least I'm the one on the happy pills, poor mama has to sit there worrying sans drugs. If they take longer, she starts to worry they're butchering my arms again. If she sees the dr. we fear walk out of the room, her heart starts to race, her palms start to sweat, and her tear ducts start to leak....and she didn't get any happy pills...so maybe she has it worse? ha
Anyways we made it through it...I'm on mero and cefapime this time. Every eight hours, so I'll get to stay out later then 9 this time round! haha my friend Brit is glad to here that! lol
Anyways just a little post saying, I'm doing well, so is my mom! ha
Sometimes even though you would think everything should be just awful...there are soo many negative ways I could be looking at this chest infection, but I'll focus on all the positives, heck i just got a kick ass bouquet of flowers this morning!...there are always little smiles, little laughs, little quirks, little happinesses to be found, always. Probably from those so called bad things in one's life, is when the great things in one's life will transpire. So I've had another set back...do you know how many "set ups" I have...tons. I have tons to look forward to in the next few weeks! I'll get on another trip....maybe San Fransisco?? Smile world...I am.

1 comment:

Norma Thompson said...

It was great to see you drop in yesterday. You looked great, but then being a 'Coat-lovin'-Girl', of course you'd be smiling after seeing Joseph! Now there's a vintage coat!!!! Let the sunshine in and bring good health to you for a happy ending to that cold!
Love, Aunt Norma