so....i feel vulnerable, out there, naked...why do you ask??? because yesterday I got my PICC line out! It's sort of scary walking around without it...it was sort of like a security blanket, in case I need it again soon...which is probably why I hold on to them normally for so long. (seven months last time!) but it's totally worth it this time getting it pulled after 8 weeks! Now I can start lifting arm weights, and showering without a huge arm band wrapped around my sleeve, and BOOKING MY TRIPS!
YES. clinic went amazing yesterday, my lung function increased to 24%, 0.83 liters! Everything just went splendidly well, so we pulled the picc line, AND if you can even believe it for the FIRST time in three? four? years...on the next appointment sheet...they wrote....3 months!!!! (i have to make it to three months, which with my track record I might not?) but at least on the sheet of paper I got the go ahead for three months. I am now officially back in the club! Let's hope I can keep my membership!
I feel like this time I just might make it 3 months without having to go back, only because, this time doing IV's was soo different, I only had to do 6 weeks, My lung function has been stable if not improving for the last 5 weeks....the only thing I can think of that I am doing differently, exercising. So here's to exercising, here's to getting that 3 month appointment for the first time in 3 years, here's to getting my picc line pulled and not having it left in for months, here's to my trip to visit my cousin in Washington over Easter! Here's to my barbados trip, which is totally in sight I can taste the rum punches! here's to life. cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment