Tuesday, March 9, 2010

dance dance dance


Today is the day. I finished 6 weeks of IV antibiotics this morning!
Spring is finally here, the sun is shining brilliantly every day, the snow is melting away, there is a tiny stream trickling down the drive way, the mud and debris clings to my boots, my wool winter coat hangs, while I grab my spring blazer. Signs of Spring. New life is being breathed into the earth again, new life, new beginnings. Winter is thawing, Spring is blooming.

What a great day to be ending IV meds, and beginning a new Spring chapter. I had my 8 month anniversary of working out last week. Still going strong, on that treadmill, kickin' it's butt, sweat drenching, dripping through my shirt and headband, only makes me work that much harder. pushing these lungs, breathing deep and hard. I feel the whooshing as my lungs expand, feel my heart gaining strength, feel my muscles inside my chest expanding, working, growing, getting more powerful. Over the last 8 months, when I'm 'healthy' I've been rock solid at 0.82, 23%.What has changed? Before I used to bounce all over the place with my lung function, never staying in one spot. Exercise. I just feel better over all.
Life is going good. My jewellery was in a fashion show saturday night that was a huge success. It was so exciting. It was a sneak peak at my new collection being launched in March called "Gorgeous Gal".
The fashion show was a fundraiser for the Make a Wish Children foundation. It inspired me and I think I would like to plan a CF fashion fundraiser for september. It would be really fun and a new challenge.

I also brought the Oscars to Canada this year. Here are a few photos from the night.I made up a red carpet photo booth, set my camera to model mode and me and the girls went to town. There were over 200 photos taken...model mode snaps 10 photos in a row on timer. ha Here are some of my red carpet photos, as well as some group shots from the night. It was a blast. haha

I'm feeling really good these days. I am hoping to get to Barbados at the end of the end of the month. I finally have an endocrinologist appt. for May...soo far away but at least we will get the thyroid, diabetes and other wacky things sorted out.

So today is a day for springing into gorgeousness. Go out and feel the sunshine on your face. Today.... is a beautiful day. Dance Dance Dance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Oscar party looks like it was a lot of fun! Glad to hear you are off IVs, still working out and feeling good. Enjoy the great weather!