Thursday, January 27, 2011

hattitude is back in the building.


I've been working away the past week with hardly any breaks getting ready for a Hattitude jewellery home party on Saturday. I have some great new designs. My favourite thing to do is design a necklace with an outfit. Maybe that is why I am always thrift store shopping, so that I can come up with new necklace designs to go with the new clothes?

A few weeks ago I designed a brides jewels for her wedding in Mexico. She was the easiest bride ever to design for. She said, I love everything you make, here's my dress, my shoes, work your magic. So I went to town. Designing, creating building. She wanted boho chic, caribbean flare, turquoise and greens, ocean colours. I had a vintage gold heart, with a seahorse, and an old earring that was a green shell, with turqouise and green stones and vintage beads from old necklaces,with lots of chains etc. She looked STUNNING!

This week I shot and worked on my valentines day collection! 2 and half weeks away to love day!

I like this story the best about my Hattitude life. In June of 2010, right when I really started going down hill and not knowing how much more my spirits could take, how much more my body could endure, how much more I could go through...My aunt came over to the house, wearing some of her Hattitude, she put it on backwards knowing full well that (in my right state of mind) I would have commented on it, and fixed her Hattitude jewellery so that it was the correct way. I love seeing my jewellery on other people, because it means I get to view my precious ones, haha, so I always make sure they are straightened out and perfect when I see them. Anyways in June she thought it would be funny to completely throw me and wear the whole necklace backwards. I didn't say a word, not a peep. I do not even remember that. She went home after wards and said to my uncle, "Hattie's really not well...she didn't' even touch my necklace".
That was the hardest month for me, June. I kind of checked out. July 5th I got the call. Just in time to keep what was left of my sanity in tack.

After the third time being intubated (life treated me real well after I got new lungs, I had a rough time directly following transplant) I was back in ICU for the 3rd time, three times a charm eh?

My cousin came up from the states, she couldn't stand being down there while I was going through this, hearing things second hand, we're pretty close, so she came in to ICU and I'm all sprawled, tube in mouth, breathing machine doing the work for me, legs crumpled, muscles depleted, probably looking like I've just been in the worst car accident ever...and I raise my arms up to her, which she instantly thinks I am going to hug her (I'm not a huggie person...I think it's an armstrong defective gene haha) .....I reach up and straighten her Hattitude necklace....she says that's how she knew I was back. Hattitude was back in the building. No hugs, just the straight goods. Down to business. Let's fix this necklace and get you lookin' good was what I was thinking... haha.

So thats how they knew after the third time of being intubated, the third time being sent back to ICU...that I was gonna be okay. They knew I was back. They knew I was gonna make it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your jewellery. So beautiful!

Norma Thompson said...

How symbolic! Just when your life seemed to be going backwards, things turn around and the chains that appeared to have a few too many kinks, got straightened out to create, once again, a thing of beauty. We are all glad you're back.