sooo i'm back in the hospital.
yesterday was just not my day. I was feeling unwell all morning, had to miss exercise, and then that afternoon I restarted pulmozyme, and I think maybe that did me in. BIG mistake I think. I was gasping for air and just could not breathe at all, sitting on two liters of oxygen, more then I need for walking normally!
Panicked they got a bed for me, and I came in last night...with a roomate! EW. it was awful. Thankfully this morning, they have me moved to a private room, not on the respirology ward though. I miss all my regular nurses. I hope they find me a bed on the regular ward soon. So silly how they don't have enough beds for everyone. We really need a bigger ward...
Anyways so last night was probably one of the worst nights ever. I will spare you the details of sharing a room with another sick person...shudder. It sucked. Majorly. Gack.
Also it did not help that the nurses here think that sleep is not essential to ones well being of getting better....since they come in to ask you every five seconds, 'have you drank your apple juice, your water, have you peed since i last talked to you?' are you serious lady? I'm not 90 years old. I do not drink apple juice in the middle of the night. I am A. diabetic, B. sleeping? C. stop asking me if I peed...yes I peed. I am getting IV antibiotics pumped through me every 6 hours, of course I peed! goooo away so I can sleep.
I guess they are not used to 22 year olds on this floor.
Also please note, I did not say any of those things to the nurse...I know she is just doing her job, so I grit my teeth, through out some words and keep my eyes shut tight so she will go away haha
Anyways...I'm just stalling time, since again they woke me up super early to change me rooms. I have a private room now. Thank gosh. I think what is left of my sanity would have chipped and cracked away if I had of been left in that double room....shudder.
Mama just arrived. Will update later on what the game plan is after we see the doctor!
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that you've been incarcerated again. I too, hate the pee question. What I dislike even more, however, is when they put a hat in your potty and then never check it or dump it...then it starts to overflow -because they are after all filling you with fluids :) Icky!
I saw a quote the other day that reminded me of your blog. Maybe you've heard it already but here goes--"If life doesn't hand you some sugar and water, your lemonade is gonna suck." Made me laugh.
Hang in there!
Thinking of you. Take care and get lots of rest!
I was so sorry to hear you were back in the hospital. But if you are not feeling good maybe it is better for now. Keep your chin up and we will see you back home feeling better soon. Love Patty xx
Post a Comment