Monday, September 12, 2011

the year to live.

I've spent the last week in a bubble...a normal person's bubble. No medical terminology, no problems, no worries. I took a week ...maybe 3 weeks? or so... off after the fashion show.
This past week was spent with my boyfriend, playing frisbee in the water... diving jumping, splashing....swimming for the first time in years without a picc line in. It was the best feeling in the whole wide world. I LOVE swimming. Feeling the water swoosh over you... I don't think there is any better feeling.
I spent the week playing catch on the beach, visiting restaurants in cottage country...and I finally got my long walk on the beach....
In two days time, I have an MRI booked, dye and all to see if the mass has shrunk with the chemo from this past summer.....back to reality? My medical reality?
Bubble popped.
Oy.
Next wednesday is my appointment with the oncologist.

This weekend is going to be spent finishing up the last of the cottaging season.  I've kind of been in a state of euphoria ever since the fashion show ended. Life has been going so lovely.
In preparation of being "healthy" and me not getting along too well with the cold, I'm already preparing all my trips for the next 5 months. I'm heading to calgary on September 28th. Then to Barbados a month and a half later in November. Last year was the year of recovery...this year is the year of living. The year to live.

me and my family (except the little brother, who was off fighting forest fires) at the fashion show this year
my best friends at the fashion show this year CF for CF 2011

No comments: