2 new lungs
3 weeks in ICU
36 days in hospital
52 percent lung function
90 days after surgery
= 1 happy girl.
Three months yesterday!
52 percent lung function, 1.79 liters is what I blew at the pft lab. All in all it was a good appointment. My hemoglobin has finally stabilized at 81, still on the low side, but hopefully now that it is stable, it will begin to rejuvenate cells and climb higher. Kidney's need to fix themselves next, they're still running higher then they should be.
They think my foot drop could be from the 3 weeks I spent in ICU, and the nerve coiling or something like that, causing damage. It will just take time, and muscle rebuilding. sigh. It's frustrating only being able to walk for 5 minutes or so, and then stop so I don't crumble over while I clomp clomp along like a horse. I have these great new lungs now, and it's my body that's holding me back! Quite the opposite from 6 months ago!
4 comments:
Wow Hattie! Look how far you've come - congratulations! You've worked hard to get here!
Wow thats crazy 3 months already. Where does the time go. Im glad you are doing great and get to enjoy life being able to breath again :)
I have to ask: How long til you can get back into swimming? You wouldn't have to worry about clomp clomp clomping through water, haha.
Can't wait til Thanksgiving!
What great photos, 3 months wow. What a journey you and your family has been on. It will just keep getting better. Love Patty xx
Post a Comment